Greg Allen Certification

Bill Piche

Greg, did you get the gripper yet? I need to know ASAP as I think I may have sent the MMG1 to Anson AND the MMG2! :blink:(

Not sure yet as I am still at work. As soon as I get home, I'll let you know what I see.

pc

Greg, did you get the gripper yet? I need to know ASAP as I think I may have sent the MMG1 to Anson AND the MMG2! :blink:(

Not sure yet as I am still at work. As soon as I get home, I'll let you know what I see.

pc

Sorry about the confusion in the PM. It's no doubt the MMG1.

I need to slow down a bit. I am starting to make mistakes. :blink

No problem.

Gripper arrived safe and sound today. Walter and I will coordinate schedules and set a firm date and post it as soon as it is agreed upon.

pc

Okay, after chatting with Walter it looks like this Saturday (Feb 18) at 14:00 Eastern time will be the meet-up time at my house. So the attempts should happen shortly thereafter.

pc

Wow Greg. I am utterly stunned. :blink Sorry to hear that buddy. Genuinely. You must have had an off day man. I know your strength level is high enough to close the MM2.

Wow Greg. I am utterly stunned. :blink Sorry to hear that buddy. Genuinely. You must have had an off day man. I know your strength level is high enough to close the MM2.

Thanks Ben. I guess I just can't perfom under pressure. First the contest, now this. No big deal. There's always next time. We did hit some PRs in pinching though, after the MMG1 attempts so were are both pretty stoked about that.

Gripper will go out Monday.

pc

Well, Walter and I both missed on all three attempts. Next time.

pc

Good attempts Greg and Walter :rock Keep your heads up...and both of you smash it next time :rock

How close were you guys? You must have been close?

Yeah, I missed on the first attempt by about 1/16" or less because my pinky came off the bottom of the handle. The next two attempts I didn't get a good set and missed by more. It happens.

It's just REALLY frustrating when you know you are stong enough to do something, but for some reason things just don't work out. Thanks for the opportunity to try it. I'll train more (setting) and try it again another time.

I'll transfer the video over and send it to you.

pc

It's just REALLY frustrating when you know you are stong enough to do something, but for some reason things just don't work out

just adds fuel to the fire; next time it won't have an opportunity to fight back at you cause the handles are going to break off when you crush that sucker. next time pc, next time.

Sounds like you had a bad day. Most of us have those. You're not the first person to miss it and you won't be the last.

About the performing thing: What I did to help me get over it was to make everyone around me watch me close a #3 everytime I closed it and make a big deal out of it. After a while it becomes routine. I just think of the #3 as a casual feat and it becomes just that.

Better luck next time Greg!

Sorry to hear about the off day. Look at it not as a loss but as motivation for working even harder for the next attempt, only good will come of it. You'ill get it next time for sure!

Edited by Dude

Don't worry Greg.

Train hard and get it next time.

Thanks guys!

Okay, well, so I got off work early today to make it to the PO only to find it being closed because it's a holiday? President's day or something like that. I had to work so it wasn't much of a holiday for me. I don't know why anyone else should get it off if I don't. :) Anyway, I'll go again tomorrow and get the MMG1 on it's way back to home base.

pc

Thanks guys!

Okay, well, so I got off work early today to make it to the PO only to find it being closed because it's a holiday? President's day or something like that. I had to work so it wasn't much of a holiday for me. I don't know why anyone else should get it off if I don't. :) Anyway, I'll go again tomorrow and get the MMG1 on it's way back to home base.

pc

you'll get it next time, just an off day buddy :D

Thanks BigT.

Gripper went out today and is on it's way back to home base.

pc

It would have been interesting if you had tried the MM1 before sending it off. You might have gotten it just because the camera wasn't on. I've definitely heard of some very strong guys failing for some strange reason when the camera turns on. Then once it's off, they SMASH a gripper that they just failed on. Turn the camera on, and they fail again. Strange world.