Champion Of Champions Dvd

Nick McKinless

Can all competitors and all those who helped out PM me with their address of where to send Part 1 of the DVD. I am almost done with part one (almost 2 hours of footage) which is the competition itself. Part two will take a little longer and includes some awesome stuff from before, during and after the competition. I want eveyone to have something now though so PM me your addresses. All I require is for you to pay the postage costs, the DVD itself is free.

Thanks,

Nick

Cool!!!

Sent you the addy.

Thanks Nick! :mosher

Ok I did another cut and it's down to 1 1/2 hours and looking much better. I'm hoping to get the DVD's out by the end of next week depending on work. It's been quite a task for my little laptop and I've had to add hard drives and recover lost data several times. At one point I lost half the work with a 'crash'.

I'll send Marc's, Jim's, Richard's, Dave J's and David and Elizabeth's all to David's house. That way the postage is nothing. the rest don't worry I'll cover your costs. Just need Steve G's and Big Steve's address please fellas.

The DVD has come out really nice considering we didnt really plan it and just shot stuff as we went. In future I'd have separate sound, 2 cameras and 2 videographers. However, everyone's featured, there's some amazing stuff on here and this is just part one as well! Part two will be ready soon...

For those wishing to own a copy of the Champions DVD 2005 I will work on the next part over the next month or so and put both DVD's into one package. This will be over 3 hours of footage and will include training footage, after competition lifting, evening footage, next day lifting and a multitude of feats never seen before! I'll work out a price soon but if you can give me an idea here of how many I will need to produce with expressions of interest I'd much appreciate it.

To all the competitors and helpers...I think your gonna really like this and thanks for being patient!

Nick

Thankyou Nick

I am shure you wil have done a very professional job and i know your time is limited as your a busy man.

I have that feat that Elizabeth done can email it if ya like and also lots of stills from the comp if you need to use any of them on the afters dvd.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick

I received mine and Mikes Champion of Champions DVD,s.

very nicely put together and i THANKYOU Nick for all your hard WORK :rock

I enjoyed it all and liked the Documentary type/style you have used in the start and finish of the dvd.

Felt like i was back there again. :D

Mine came today. Great stuff. Nick works in the film and media industry and you can see the influences (Star Wars titling style for example).

It starts out with an edited journey from London to Stafford by Nick then introduces you to the competitors (mostly shot at David's house). An edited loading of cars and the journey to the venue, with music, and it's competition time.

With the inbetween loading and faffing about edited out you get about an hour of just the lifts. I found myself tapping the DVD player remote against my thigh echoing the lifts I had applauded on the day and even muttering 'come on' and 'well done' again as I did then.

In between events you see big Steve doing his stuff (great work on the frying pan, cards, bars, coins and more) as well as doing some of it again for the local newspapers.

Seeing some of the monster lifts - 107k+ pinch, 160k+ v-bar and so on is, as it was then, inspiring (I have not trained v-bar since the event and had been to the gym this morning and still fancied a go!).

One of the things you get from such videos and DVD's (be they this one or the GGC videos) is to see the little nuances of the bigger lifts and the back slapping and cheering on of competitors - we may be lifting rivals but fans enough of big iron being moved to still cheer it on.

If Nick lets these go to all I'd say they're well worth having.

:rock watched it yesterday at Gazzas,it is brilliant brings back a lot of memories of a great day,hats off to Nick for a first class Dvd :bow !and if you look really really hard you see me in the end credits :laugh

Just watched it Nick...... what can i say !!brilliant!! :rock

You could have made me look slimmer though :whistel

Thanks for putting your time into producing it.....Next time you’re at Daves the first round is on me

hi nick thank you for the dvd just waatched it with my mum and uncle and they where like jesus the size of all the competiters and then said i look like a little squirt :blush

what they dont realise me and oliver done the most important job :ohmy lol thanks again nick hope to see you all soon :bow

Well done Nick, nice job.

Watched my copy last night and really enjoyed it.

have to say I was a bit disappointed when the Imperial Battlecruiser failed to turn up, chasing the titles. Is that in the extended director's cut edition? :inno

It's on mine ;) Or was that me with a model passing it back and forth across the screen.... :cool

Received mine yersterday!!

Extremely nice to watch.

I like the starwars like presentation of the intermediate results.

And tons of great videos to watch!!

Thanks Nick for all the efforts you put into that DVD. :rock

Thanks Nick.

I watched this last night. You did a great job. I have to say that I was pleased tha the interviews didn't make it to the first DVD though - it's strange enough seeing myself on screen let alone hearing myself talk a load of crap...!

Don't worry Jim...the interviews will be on the 2nd DVD!! I'm taking a break from the editing now though. I am guess the whole package will be ready mid to late 2006 when I have more time on my hands. I'll announce a price etc nearer the time. Glad you all enjoyed it so far. Steve Mc yours is coming bro....thanks for your patience.

Nick

Nick,

Just finished watching the dvd. It was excellent. I was on the edge of my seat wondering if I was going to get the lifts! Oh and plenty of embarressing screaming and shouting :tongue

You started the dvd off with great atmosphere and wrapped it up nicely.

Till next time...

Hopefully I will still be at it in 2009!

So for anyone wanting to see how our comps are run in Britain this would be a great purchase. Lots of pain and lots of fun! I look forward to the next dvd with the training featured - now that was some crazy shit!

All the best,

David

Nick,

Just finished watching the dvd. It was excellent. I was on the edge of my seat wondering if I was going to get the lifts! Oh and plenty of embarressing screaming and shouting :tongue

As I said - I found my self muttering 'go on, go on' when someone was lifting and clapping my hand against my thigh as a means of cheering when they did - great stuff.