Strongest Grip

Billafer 65

Who do you think..has or had the strongest hands in the world..i've heard magnus samuelsson closed the 4 with 3 fingers...I've also seen Joe Kinney Grind his 4's handles and i'm just wondering what you guys think...who has the strongest grip in the world?

It'd be easier to answer if we knew what you meant by a strong grip. Is it shutting grippers? Thick bar lifts, levering? What? David Horne has won more competitions against other grip athletes and so it could be argued he has the best all round grip.

oh..ok...What i meant was..who do you guys think has the strongest grip gripper wise

My vote is on magnus simply because of the three finger close on a new #4, Ide love to see him w/ a pro in his hand.I would like to lock Morton,Kinney,Clay,Larson,Heslep,Holle in a room w/ a arsenal of grippers and not let them out until there was a clear winner, and then its winner vs. magnus.

i have the video of Magnus closing the #4. he does it twice back to back, each time he holds it shut for several seconds while giving commentary, pretty damn impressive to say the least. he also explains that he closes grippers with 3 fingers because his hands are simply to big for all 4 :blink . i also would like to see him train for a harder gripper but he only uses the coc's #2, 3, and 4. he would probably have a good shot at being the 1st to close the hg500.

if we're talking about who ''had'' the best crush i would guess Kinney, but who ''has'' the best crush is another story since Joe Kinney no longer has the strength he used to. if i had to just take a guess based on what i see on this board i would say Dave Morton.

I think I need to see this video of Magnus before I can decide, please post a link.

Billafer, It seems to be sure, that you will find the strongest gripper guy in the CoC #4 roster of Ironmind. I know, there are other people that closed a #4, like Big Steve, JAD, Heath, Clay and probalby a few more. But I guess the guys on the roster like Dave Morton and Nathan Holle are the top crushers. The MM-pyramid will show us who is the best crusher on the gripboard! Recognizing crushing strength on a dynamometer also, Nathan is - in my opinion - the strongest crusher, since his world record on the small RB dyno of 115kg.

Billafer, It seems to be sure, that you will find the strongest gripper guy in the CoC #4 roster of Ironmind. I know, there are other people that closed a #4, like Big Steve, JAD, Heath, Clay and probalby a few more. But I guess the guys on the roster like Dave Morton and Nathan Holle are the top crushers. The MM-pyramid will show us who is the best crusher on the gripboard! Recognizing crushing strength on a dynamometer also, Nathan is - in my opinion - the strongest crusher, since his world record on the small RB dyno of 115kg.

Are the ones you metion planning on certing with IM? Or can they just not close it consistantly yet?

Klicks

My bet is I'd have some of the 4 closers under the new rules where as they'd have me under the old. I'll see if I can prove my theory if Chris James manages to get Nathan here on Feb 25th.

my vote would be TIMOR MITT he set a new world record on the hercules hold of 1 min 12 sec in world strongest man, now thats what i call grip, Magnusson cant match that.

my vote would be TIMOR MITT he set a new world record on the hercules hold of 1 min 12 sec in world strongest man, now thats what i call grip, Magnusson cant match that.

You don't need a fantastic grip (max power) to be good at Hercules hold, but you do need a high pain tolerance and resistens against lactic acid in your forearms. We had one guy competing in the LGC and he is one of the best in Hercules hold in Sweden. He finished way down in all events. Can't remember if he was last or second from the last in the overall.

Are the ones you metion planning on certing with IM? Or can they just not close it consistantly yet?

Klicks

The big problem with the official certification is the credit card set rule. No #4-Closer certified under the new rule yet. You will find a lot of topics about the credit card rule here.

Only (as before) for those with small hands or those that set the gripper too close. Check out my attempts. I'm willing to bet that I'd do better on a so-called open hand (wider set) attemptb than Nathan or those that have shut a CoC 4 or thereabouts gripper with a close set. On that basis Joe Kinney is still the man. What other gripsters have used a wide setting?

I think I need to see this video of Magnus before I can decide, please post a link.

you have to buy his dvd ''the worlds strongest arms''. you see him work out in the gym, manhandle stones, armwrestle, and of course the grip. besides the #4 closes he also destroys the current rolling thunder world record. i recommend this dvd.

I would have to say the list of all #4 closers on IM list and I'd have to see what they're all doing currently and see if any have gotten close to Joe Kinney's close :bow:bow:bow

you have to buy his dvd ''the worlds strongest arms''. you see him work out in the gym, manhandle stones, armwrestle, and of course the grip. besides the #4 closes he also destroys the current rolling thunder world record. i recommend this dvd.

I have the same dvd and can vouch for wayne, magnus does 2 consecutive closes on the #4. he goes on to say that his hands are too large to fit all four fingers on there so he has to do it with 3. it is a great dvd, i watch it all the time!

Ive seen that picture of mobster narrowly missing the #4 but I didnt know he prefers the wider set and the other guys the smaller set, he would definantly be in the running then.

oh..ok...What i meant was..who do you guys think has the strongest grip gripper wise

All time: Joe Kinney

Currently: Dave Morton: there's a bunch of others that come to mind; Clay, Shane, Nathan, Heath, Tommy, Magnus S, Big Steve, GorillaHands, Patrick Gansel. It would probably depend on who was "on" that day but if I could only pick one I'd go with Morton based on his repping the #4 vid. People can argue they weren't full reps, it was an easy #4, blah, blah, blah....but nobody else has done it or at least posted a vid of it.

Karelin is arguably the greatest greco-roman wrestler who has ever lived. But that hardly qualifies him as having the strongest grip.

I love the fact that he is the head of the Tax Collection Bureau in Russia. If that monster showed up at my door and asked me to pay, you are darn sure I'd empty out my wallet!

Karelin is arguably the greatest greco-roman wrestler who has ever lived. But that hardly qualifies him as having the strongest grip.

Other super heavyweight wrestlers have said that Karelins grip is unreal and that it hurts so much it makes you want to give up. It is easy to believe when you see how big his forearms and hands are (about 10 inches).

http://www.karelin.ru/eng/img.php?id=82&PopUp=true

Edited by heikkonakki

"International wrestling legend" status aside - wouldn't you have to see him close some of the heavy grippers that the guys on jad's list are mashing, before anointing him "owner of the strongest grip"?