Excalibur Dumbell--triceps Extension

BigPaulFromCityHall

link to getting dumbell into place

triceps extension

--unusual feat of triceps strength with one of my excalibur dumbells---250lbs. triceps extension--i've always found the difficult part was getting the big dumbells into place----hard to fathom(myself) positioning the 250 pounder

Looks like a nice, light stretch/warm-up. :tongue Those are sweet! :rock

I'd love to read the full story behind the gallery with those pics in it.

Me too. Firstly who is Bigpaulfromcityhall? Cos he has a few bucks to pay for this own bells. Secondly there seems to be a hint in that either BPFCH or Brian Dobson or Metroflex... brought the bells for Ronnie Coleman for his birthday. Mind you if they arrived for me it would be my birthday regardless of what day it was. Is BPFCH involved in the company that makes the bells? And why don't they update their site (I have it bookmarked for when I win the £125,000,000 euromillions next week).

It seems that some of you are doubting his ability to do this, if I am correct in this assumption. May I ask why?

What are you talking about? I think everyone wants to hear more about what happened. It sounds like something totally cool went down and Paul knows all about it!

It seems that some of you are doubting his ability to do this, if I am correct in this assumption. May I ask why?

One post is toungue in cheek and apparently we're all like that? My questions to Big Paul still stand.

:inno There are always those that judge others by their own pathetic limitations and by their own limited expectations of what "strength"is.Josh..doesn't even think he is strong...has very little weight room "time"and humbly wiould tell you... it will be awhile before he is "strong enough" to compete in grip or strongman...and also knows he has a lot to learn about the strongman events...and needs "some practice"

For what it is worth the guy doing the triceps extensions is Josh Bigger....unofficial 300+# rolling thunder,EZ INCH deadlifter,25lb+ sledge leverer,officially, tied Phil Pfister in Rolling Thunder Nationals(and beat several well known "gripmasters"at the event),officially beat every decent Pro and decent amateur strongman in the USA.... the FIRST time he EVER even touched the Hercules hold(in a Pro-Am contest Josh entered as an amateur..also his first strongman contest..ever).Said he could have held it another 30 seconds if his weak hand (Left)hadn't been getting tired.

Those he beat,at the Hercules hold, included PROFESSIONAL strongmenOdd Haugen,Phil Pfister,Steve Kirit,Van Hatfield,and,again,just about every pro and amateur in the USA. Oh..and closed the #3 the first time he ever saw it..or touched a gripper...in front of witnesses like Brian Schoonveld and some witnesses from this forum....oh,and less than 4 years ,lifetime,in the weight room...

Pexter,forum member, has the exact same dumbell...he can glance at it,and tell you doubters and haters what it weighs(250).

and also,I will add,with the 2 3/8 inch knurled handle in place @ 250lbs?Josh broke an end off the ground...it looked like he was going to get it.

Sheesh :whacked ..theres more to grip strength(and power)than those on the gripboard

. :cool Oh well...

Send me one in the post - I'd kick it!

Yes I think you would pop it up.

Hopefully you and Pexter will get together ...next visit ot the states.

The one Pexter has is IDENTICAL to the other Excalibur.Precision machine work(computerized)mean they weigh precisely the same.

If Josh Bigger's Dad adopts me, does that mean I get the same genes? Josh sounds like some kind of natural!!

Me too. Firstly who is Bigpaulfromcityhall? Cos he has a few bucks to pay for this own bells. Secondly there seems to be a hint in that either BPFCH or Brian Dobson or Metroflex... brought the bells for Ronnie Coleman for his birthday. Mind you if they arrived for me it would be my birthday regardless of what day it was. Is BPFCH involved in the company that makes the bells? And why don't they update their site (I have it bookmarked for when I win the £125,000,000 euromillions next week).

--yes it is my company,partnered with gerry novak-- my partner gerry owns/runs the machine shop--

---yes the dumbells were-reportedly- for ronnies b-day--i delivered them personally

no updates on infinite strength website-- as the company was/is on hold --for other more important projext(s)

gerry also has cancer and until chemo+radiation+surgery is over he is unable to come into shop everyday

gerry-in the past---rather than than actually charging full "shop time"(shop time is normal dollar ammount that would be charged to utilize his machine shop)

it is very expensive to -normally- start up 3/4 million in machines-but gerry charged --infinite strength(partially his own company)--a flat hourly rate for his time.

---shop time would make projects too expensive--he does/did the work himself for- possible-- long term benefit to company--and because he loves the iron game

Edited by BigPaulFromCityHall

gerry-in the past---rather than than actually charging full "shop time"(shop time is normal dollar ammount that would be charged to utilize his machine shop)charged just a flat ,hourly rate just for his personal time-----rather than the entire charge.

somehow? i deleted part of the above-now corrected--line

sorry

Edited by BigPaulFromCityHall

I'm not douting in any way - he's doing it in the picture isn't he!?

My little comment was intended to poke fun at some of us who don't have such massive power, and may not be able to quite relate. I promise to try and keep my future posts very serious, to the point and void of any unnecessary "humor".

• 1 month later...

I have found heavier bells. I can hardly beleive it but these are real - indeed I'm thinking of buying one of the biggest.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2525/watsondumbbells4kw.jpg

The smaller ones are 120-kilo or 264lbs and the bigger are 150-kilos or 330lbs. Monster!! They are made by a company in the UK called Watson's Gym Equipment and were custom made for a 'Monster Gym' (that's the name).

Edited by mobsterone

I have found heavier bells. I can hardly beleive it but these are real - indeed I'm thinking of buying one of the biggest.

The smaller ones are 120-kilo or 264lbs and the bigger are 150-kilos or 330lbs. Monster!! They are made by a company in the UK called Watson's Gym Equipment and were custom made for a 'Monster Gym' (that's the name).

OMG those are sick dumbells.

You gonna convert'em to do thick bar work mobster?

Now that would be nice.

--very 'xtreme'dumbells---those must be the heaviest in the world--

--i like those--

--there is a pair of 300 lbs. in hawaii--an acquaintance of mine-gil gonzales--was involved in the fabrication of the hawaii 'bells