my program

Guest hands4god

Guest hands4god

i thought i would post my grip training. i have noticed alot of folks doing it. so i will give mine. though i have not yet done the great things many of you have, we all must climb the latter to a great grip. so, those of you who can do more than i, feel free to give addvice, and for those who are not up to my level, perhaps you can get somthing from my training.     every two days (longer if needed for rest)  COCs warm up with trainer.              1-2 sets with the #1                    close the #2 as many times as possibl until can only close 1/2 way.    few reps with #1 upside down        pinch grip the tainer closed, ( can only get it 1/2 way). pinch grip 35 lb rock as long as possible.  lever lift/and toss from hand to hand a 18 inch long pipe, two inches wide. have put duck tape on it to make it harder. tear cards in half once a week. add 4 cards every week until i can do a full deck. 3 times a week soke hands in salt for 2 mins. also do forearm and wrist wrk. hammer curls with thik handed dumbells. also practice shaking my own hand to see how my handshake has inproved.

Guest hands4god

the salt water makes your hands tough!  it helps keep the skin somewhat like leather. so when using the COCs and doing daily tasks outside, my hands dont get bothered by rough surfaces

Guest woody36

Dave,

if you think that's cool,you should see me glove

puppet armwrestling against myself,they're not actually

proper puppets,just socks with eyes sewn on,but it's the

thought that counts! :D

Wow!  That's a lot of stuff to do!  Do you spread that out over a week?   ???

Guest hands4god

for the most part i do that every two/three days. thats how long it takes to recover. i will usualy do the salt water thing in the eveming before bed. actualy i have alot of lill things i do throughout the day also. if i have to carry anything, like a book, board,rock,ext., i will pinch grip it. also when i have to get a jug of milk, or any liquid in a gallon jug, i grab it with 2 or 3 fingers from the top to get it. dont laugh, but one thing i have been doing is at night when im alone i will walk up to a door in my house, reach out and grab the knob, (it's at just the right hight) and shake for one quik shake as if i was shaking a mans hand. i have found that the knob is coming loose. i practice everything from the hand strength in a handshake, to the smile and nod that one does during a hand shake! this must sound funny, but i have been studying what happens during a hand shake. everything from your stance,to how far out you have to reach, to the words you say, and your smile. i want my handshake to say, " hello im strong, stronger than you. im fast. im not one to be reconed with. but, im not a threat either! im your friend and you can trust me. im here to provide my strength for help! i also practice reaching for a handshake . sometimes you have to reach across a table when meeting someone, so your grip better be able to muster! also who ever gets the best grip first in a handshake is the winner. so, if the guy grabs my hand better first, i had better be able to generate force with my hand in that position!  didnt think handshaking was science did ya! lol :)