Your choice

Roark

If you could insert yourself into an event in grip

history, as an observer with an opportunity to

spend the day, which event would you choose?

You would have front row seats, and access to the

strength athlete involved for conversation and

learning.

Mine would be the occasion when Apollon was tricked

by Batta, who added more weight to Apollon's 2.5" diameter

handled barbell, so that Apollon, whom Batta expected to

fail, nonetheless cleaned and jerked the barbell without so

much of an indication that he noticed that the solid spheres

had replaced the fillable spheres.

Yours does not have to be a specific lift example- perhaps

a person in grip history you would have enjoyed meeting.

Heck ,that's easy I would have really enjoyed being present when two living legends first accomplished their feats! Richard Sorin when he became the 1st COC and Joe Kinney when he conquered the #4! :0 and double :0

tough call.  i would just like to have met goerner, and witness any of his feats.  i also would have to say being a witness to inch or jowett's feats, so we could all finally know the truth.

I would travel to see Arthur Saxons` record bentpress, but if he was sick that day, I would fastforward to see Bill Kazmaier do his amazing lifts when  he was in his prime :)

Any one of these:

-meet Willie Carr & see if I could help him with that huge anchor (he would have needed really strong hands)

-armwrestle Hermann Goerner

-see Goerner's big 1 arm deadlift (someone had to pick that one)

-see John Brookfield bend that 10" crescent wrench

-meet my new hero, Tony Massimo

-meet Louis Cyr & see if he could really bend a Canadian dime by holding it against a peice of metal

Guest wales

For me it would have to be Joe Kinney Closing the No.4 (amazing) and John Brookfield when he made a Guinness world record ( by which he had to take seven different objects and bend, brake or tear them as quickly as possible)

- John Grün Marx's "horseshoe bending record" and the clean and jerk with both of his challenge Dumbbells.

- Apollons "escape from the prison" with tempered bars.

-and of course Hermann Görners onehanded deadlift.

Guest hands4god

well, im a Christian and with faith, do belive all acounts in the bible did happen. during biblical times people lived alot longer than today. it was not uncommen for someone to live well into the hundreds and alot longer. due to an incredibly tough life style, and very hard work ethic, ( not to mention a greater strength overall). i would have loved to see david kill thet lion with his bare hands. im sure it went far beyond " just"  grip strength, but what a site it would have been. if you look at hystory in whole, you will see great feats of strength recorded. most feats from hystory have not been done agian by men today. there seems to be a shortining of life and strength with each passing generation. as far as grip alone,......i would like to see someone bend a horseshoe! also brookfield when he breaks the pliers, and to see someone tear two decks of cards with oven mits on!!!

myself, into the future when i crush that #3

(hopefully i won't have a long white beard by then)

also saxon and kaz would both be great to meet/see in their prime.

I would of loved to have met and talked to and had a workout with Arthur Saxon!  He is my favorite, no doubt.  Yes, to see him do that record bent press of 370 pounds.  Amazing.

This one was a tough one, Roark.  You have so many of the greats.  Cyr, Aston, Hackenschmidt, Apollon, Goerner, Inch, Kaz, Jowett, Anderson, etc.  Too many to list!!