1-arm deadlift PR

Rick Walker

While I was training my wife, I started loading up the PDA farmers and doing 1 handed deads "just for fun".  I pulled 385 pretty easy and the fun turned to serious.  I loaded up 2 more 45s and sent the wife after the digital camera.

475.  I gave it my all with my right hand, the hand I was training at the time.  I couldnt clear the ground and I tore up my palm pretty good.

I got intense.  Turned my WWF ball cap backwards, turned on AC/DC, snorted some ammonia, chalked up the LEFT hand, and told her to prepare the camera.  After a few grunts, I tore into that sum b!tch and ripped it off the ground  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D !!!

Yes, I got a pretty good pic.  Now, I didnt stand upright with it, but I got it a few inches off the ground which I think is pretty #### good considering there was 475 on there and I am not a Certified COC!  Also, I am officially down to 206 today from the 230 I was 5 weeks ago.  Body fat is 14.2%.

I will post the pic soon, maybe Wednesday.  I will let you know!

God, I love this Sh!t!

Rick Walker

:hehe  :crazy

I straddled the bar, but I didnt brace me free hand on my leg at all.

Rick Walker :hehe

Nice job Rick.  500 is around the corner.  I hope you have 100 pound plates or thin 45's, because if you don't, you will not be able to load more than 496 on the PDA's farmers bars without buying the extensions for them , which I believe John calls tarmors.  Keep on pulling!  By the way, do you have the 1 3/8" diameter handle?  If you don't, it is way more comfortable than the 1" handle.

3crusher,

I think they are called Talons, if you are referring to extending the length of the bar.

Rick, good job! you are right up there with Nick Mckinless.He has a pic of  pulling 481 in the 1 arm deadlift. It`s posted on his new website.

Guest baldy

Rick, congrats on the huge lift. Zcor mentioned Nick's huge lift, have you ever tried it with a standard 7' Olympic bar like that? I wondered how much balance would be an issue compared to the PDA bar.

BTW, VERY impressive not bringing the off hand in to brace.

No, I cant imagine pulling that much on a regular olympic bar with a single hand.  The balancing alone is amazing!  Way harder then the PDA bar :0  :0 !

I most I have pulled with one arm and the olympic bar, with the bar in front of me, is 255.  Like I said, the balance part makes it darn near impossible.

Thanks for all the kind words.  

3crusher-I had 10 45s on it, 5 a side.  The bar weight is about 25 (27) pounds.  I dont currently have any 100s.  There was maybe an inch of room on the ends, but the spring clamps took care of that!

The funny part is, I dont train 1 arm deads too often.  I think i have done them 3 times.

Thanks again!

Rick Walker :hehe

Yeah, my 475 was done on the PDA farmer bar.  Balance is not an issue.

The 7 foot bar just kicks my tail :crazy !

Rick Walker

Guest baldy

475 is a ton of weight with one hand no matter how you lift it.

Thanks for the reply, best wishes to you on 500+ soon (maybe next time you do the movement).