Yet Another Big Bastard

John Beatty

Walter Crews is a Big Bastard. Taking down the FBBC 6.5" x 5/16" bar. Three more rungs to go.....

Congrats Gator!! Great job, man. :mosher

Ha,

how many PMs did I get from Walter:

"Can't kink the Red, H E L P!"

Now this, only a couple of weeks later. :laugh

Awesome my friend! :rock

Now, you're in the game. So keep at it and climb that ladder!!

Great job Gator!

-Sean

Way to go Walter!

WOW CONGRATS!!! THERES NO STOPPING YOU NOW :bow

:mosher way to go you green bending gator :whacked i feel left out

Gator, my man, you were right! The Big Bastard has indeed been conquered in short order. Congratulations!

Time to go update The Nailman's.

By the way, what was the date of the bend?

Gator, my man, you were right! The Big Bastard has indeed been conquered in short order. Congratulations!

Time to go update The Nailman's.

By the way, what was the date of the bend?

Thanks Eric,

As you predicted back on that summer Fort Worth night in your dungeon, I mean garage of all things grip night you when you motivated me to bend my first Red (yeah the 7 minute Red). You said I would be on the FBBC list before long and although it took longer than I had hoped I am finally joining the ranks of the Bending Bastard Boys. Thanks for your belief in me and encouraging words back last January when I was bit by the steel serpent and bending bug that spiraled into the Addiction as we call it.

The FBBC Big Bastard Bar Cert Bend was completed on the night of January 11, 2006 with Porkchop as my witness and of course with video footage for John's review.

I witnessed Greg aka Porkchop terrorize the #3 for his MM0 Pre-cert so I said what the hay I think I can kill this 6.5" FBBC Bar with the added benefit of having someone there to make me push harder so I didn’t embarrass myself (can you believe this was the first piece of steel that Porkchop had ever seen bent other than on video clips from the board? :ohmy Boy was I honored, so much so I had to bend him a 10 second Red Nail for him to keep as motivation to make his own one day).

This was my 1st successful bend of that stock and I had only managed the first to a whopping 90 degree off center L-shape on my first attempt.

Good news though (and no I didn't save a bunch of money on my car insurance) even being sore and spent after me and PCs mini grip-together where I closed and attempted more grippers that night than ever, the next day I managed to put a decent wobble in the FBBC 6" Huge Bastard Bar so there is hope for that one in the future but it may take a little time before that bad boy falls but I going to keep at this feat of strength I love and encourage others to do the same but safely.

BUT I REALLY WANT TO BE A HEXABASTARD WHEN I GROW UP! :tongue

A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO ALL WHO HAVE BEILIEVED IN ME, ENCOURAGED & MOTIVATED ME TO KEEP GIVING IT MY ALL. THIS VICTORY IN SOME WAYS ALSO BELONGS TO EACH OF YOU - MY BROTHERS OF STEEL - IF YALL HAD NOT HAVE BEEN BY MY SIDE ON THIS JOURNEY THEN THE VICTORY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO SWEET!

I SALUTE ALL OF YOU FROM THE MOST ELITE VETERANS TO THE NEWBIE WHO JOINS TODAY. :rock GATOR GRIP

Congratulations, Gator!