Small hands

Guest mattware

Guest mattware

I have a COC trainer but my hans are small I can crush it with ease but not all the way as my hand is as closed as it can be . Is this ok or should I try to close it all the way?

Guest mikebyoung

Matt,

That last 1/8 inch is the hardest part to close. I think it is important to fully shut your gripper to get the full work-out out of it.

Have you tried closing it a bit with your other hand to get a better grip around it with the hand you are using to shut? (do you know what I mean?)

Do you mind me asking, how big is your hand?

My hand is 7.5 over-all. I was browsing through the galleries here and noticed the pictures of the guys closing the #3. Their fingers seem to be totally wrapped around the thing. When closing my #1 or #2 I am holding on practically by my fingertips.

A while back there was a thread about hand size. I think I am about average here. How do you guys get a wrap-around grip like that?

good luck,Matt,

Mike

Proper positionning is the key.

Go at cyberpump website and check Steve Weiner's #3 close. It's in the Training Hard videos.

My hands are 7.25

The only disadvantage is that you have to spend a ton of energy getting the gripper into place. By the time I get it into position properly the gripper is about 1.5 inches away from being closed.

I basically push down on the end of the gripper with the fingertips of my opposite hand, and sort of crawl my fingers along the gripper until they are in a good position.

My hands are just like Bob. 7.25". I use the same positionning technique on the grippers. It is allowed by Ironmind. In the rules, it says that you can help positionning the gripper correctly with your free hand but you have to keep it at least one feet off on your close.

Place the handle of the gripper in your palm parallel to your knuckles.  Then push down on the other handle till your fingers catch.  Then use your fingers to squeeze the gripper closed.  If you have a Trainer or a #1, you can practice on that.  :)