Tearing 3 Tennis Balls In 1 Minute

Darco

If anybody gets the french Canadian channel TVA, somebody will be on tommorow morning and trying to create 3 new guinness catagories of grip strength, one of them will be tearing a deck of cards with boxing gloves and the others are to be announced. He has three tennis balls in a minute as a long term goal but that might not be tommorow.

Tearing tennis balls is easy- if you make a little slit in the seam.

Bending 1/2" steel is easy - if you file down the middle.

lifting the blob is easy - if you use both hands.

Closing the 4 is easy - if you heat the spring

Bending 1/2" steel is easy - if you file down the middle.

lifting the blob is easy - if you use both hands.

Closing the 4 is easy - if you heat the spring

My point was simply that I'm doubtful about anyone who claims they can do it. I won't believe it unless the ball is first inspected for integrity.

I have done it on a cheap tennis ball,so if I can do it that means there would be at least a 100 others on here who could do it with a cheap ball.

Also it was'nt done in one session.

Wow. Cool. I've done old, brittle ones, but didn't know new ones were possible. When I saw a friend's rottweiler chewing on tennis balls and not tearing them (puncturing, yes, tearing, no), I didn't think it could be done. What kind of tennis ball was that, Cunny, and is there anything else I should know before I go at it?

John Brookfield tears tennis balls and from what i've seen they looked brand new, they were nice and bright green. regardless of how new or old they are i'm pretty sure he could do 3 in a minute, the one i seen footage of was done in seconds.

i'm also almost sure he could do the deck of cards with the boxing gloves on as well, as could Dennis Rogers, they both notch decks with oven mitts on.

I was not aware that anybody could or has notched cards with oven mitts on let alone both Brookfield AND Rogers.

The boxing gloves are not a big deal I have done it with both cheap and medium hard cards. Boxing gloves look impressive cause all of the padding, but it is all on the topside (knuckle side) of the hand, the bottom of the glove is just about like a pot holder in thickness but slicker.......And I am not a great card tearer so if I can do it many can...Brett

Heck, years ago Joe Weider(the only man to enter the Mr. Universe contest in suit pants)(and wing-tips!)

had as one of his major slogans, "Tear Tennis Ball Asunder!"... (an early Sports Illustrated article

on Weider used the slogan as its title...it was not a very positive article towards Tiger Joe.)

Cunny this is my opinion, it is the same thing as crushing a can of coke with one hand of course..We are talking abnout a one handed crash right?

we are talking about tearing a tennis ball in half, not crushing it that would be insane... i'm thinking along the lines of a galaxy close :) .

I say lets buy 4 good quality tennis balls and ship them to 4 different guys who can tear cards in seconds and see who can do any damage on one if any I'll chip in 5 dollars to start a myth busters here on the board if anyone else is interested and there are a couple other myths I'd like to see tested too.

I say lets buy 4 good quality tennis balls and ship them to 4 different guys who can tear cards in seconds and see who can do any damage on one if any I'll chip in 5 dollars to start a myth busters here on the board if anyone else is interested and there are a couple other myths I'd like to see tested too.

are you implying that you don't think this feat can be done, or hasn't been done?

Edited by Wayne

are you implying that you don't think this feat can be done, or hasn't been done?

yep unless its dry rotted or has a cut in it . the standerd playing tennis ball im talking about not the ones made for kids at the dollar store or for the dog they are about half as thin

Dan, i am not aware of the difference between a store ball and a pro so i guess i'll take your word for it.

where i'm coming from is... i know that feats of strength or whatever else can involve giving yourself a little handycap to impress the audiance, for example putting a slit in the ball, but when i see John Brookfields name attached to a feat of strength, i believe it.

Edited by Wayne

Dan, i am not aware of the difference between a store ball and a pro so i guess i'll take your word for it.

where i'm coming from is... i know that feats of strength or whatever else can involve giving yourself a little handycap to impress the audiance, for example putting a slit in the ball, but when i see John Brookfields name attached to a feat of strength, i believe it.

yes he is a great strong man and verry modest but i never saw anywhere that he said they were not cut or slit if he were a member here and he said he did it with the air in the ball out of respect i would believe him if big steve said he did it i would not blink an eye i guess i have to see it to believe it :tongue

UPDATE: He did not do any ball tearing he only did card tearing.

He put on a tearing show and it was quite good. Wearing a tuxedo and all.

He tore a deck in 7 seconds wearing boxing gloves,

then a 5 decks one handed in his mouth in 33 seconds

AND tore a deck of 125 cards in 15 seconds.

No, my tape recorder is defunct. I am also aware that Big Steve is still the man with the one hand tearing.