Will SyberSnott lose his #4 in June?

Guest baldy

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will SyberSnott lose his #4 in June?

• Snott will walk out with it (no one else will close it)
    • Snott will lose it (someone else will close it)
    • I don't know

Guest baldy

In another thread, Snott said:

Alright.... here's a challenge for you all!!  

Close my #4 and you can keep it.  Anyone going to the AOBS in June can meet me there, and give it a go.  BTW, PDA rated it at 535 IP after being seasoned; originally it was 565 IP (non-seasoned).  It'll be one of the many "toys" I'm bringing to the dinner.  

Note:  this offer does NOT apply to John Brookfield or Richard Sorin!!

If anyone closes his #4 other than Mr Sorin or Mr Brookfield, he will give them that gripper. This is a generous challenge on his part. Will he keep his #4 after the AOBS dinner, or will someone there close it?

There are some very strong crushers going to the dinner in June. Should be interesting.

I should mention that this is a gripper that was purchased right around the time Kinney closed his #4 (officially).  I'm NOT saying it came from that batch; but probably very close to it.  :)

Yeah.... close my #4 gripper, and it's YOURS!!!!!  :p

Guest baldy

Mr Sorin is the most generous man (IMO) in the game. I doubt he would ever part with that Phantom 4 for any amount of money, or any other reason. It represents what he did in a peak. However, I am sure that he would award something good to anyone who could make its handles touch with one hand. I do not say this to put words in his mouth, but I have seen him reward good performances before. He has offered a prize to anyone completing his gauntlet, and he has awarded cash prizes to people lifting his Inch replica in his presence.

Also I have personally experienced him helping out a newbie (me). To me that shows that he is more than just a champ with the iron. To be at his level and still take time for the little guy means a lot to me. That kind of thing doesn't get forgotten.

BTW, Snott is still ahead in the polls as of now. So far popular consensus says that he will leave with the #4. 15 Snott, 10 not, 3 don't know.

Something tells me that Heath Sexton has a very good chance!  Heath.... your thoughts....

Thanks for mentioning me, but I don't know.  We'll just have to wait and see, that's a lot of gripper........

Wanna's taking bets on Heath!!  Odds are 2 to 1.  :p

Guest baldy

From the sound of his posts, Snott hopes someone will close it too. I still think it is cool of him to put it up for grabs like that, since it gives everyone a little extra incentive when someone issues a friendly challenge.

Actually.....

I WANT SOMEONE TO CLOSE IT!  :)  :p

Why?  Because it would mean that I would be witnessing strength history!!  I could say, "Hey, I saw so-and-so close the #4 gripper at the AOBS in June of 2002".  And there would be no doubt, because I know the history of the gripper.  I've already seen Kinney close his (with some doubt and speculation as to the gripper), BUT.... I would vouch that THIS GRIPPER is the real thing!!

My offer stands.  I might even fly over to David Horne and see if he can close it - if no one else does at the AOBS.  :)

John,

No need to fly over. Send it over, and I'll get my attempt recorded on video. Anyway, hopefully someone will mash it at the AOBS.

David

David,

So you say I'll be getting a tape from you??  Wow!!  Ya got a deal.... gripper is flying over to England for you to mash!!  :)

Well hopefully someone will close it in June, if not contact me and I can give it a shot if you want.

David

Guest Jeff Roark

A stupid question... what is the supposed difference in Snotts #4 and the rest out there? Is it a really low tested IP? Which will still mean it can or will be harder than others tested at a higher IP. I personally think it is just a good challenge and incenetive for the guys close to the #4. That ought to the new rule...if a man shows up with his gripper/s somewhere and someone closes them more times than he can he must release his gripper to the other man. Sort of like titles or taking of the enemies women after they have been defeated.

oh great!

nobody tell heath where i live or else he will close all my grippers and then walk off with my girlfriend!!  :(

Grippers are like jell-o.... there's always ROOM!!  :p