Showing Off A Few More Toys That I Made For Myself.

pexter

Bought a brand new chrome olympic bar,cut off the ends and welded it to my new tandem grip bar.Powder coated it iridescent green(this is a two coat process)Bar pic#1

bar pic#2

Made this with the left over from the olympic bar. bar pic.#3

chrome with powder coated black ends,and middle rotate sleeve.

Pexter I am as GREEN as that bar with envy.

I am not sure what is cooler, all the possible hand position or the metalic green coating.

I also thought that leftover material turned into something really cool to.

Man I have got to learn to weld! :help

Nice stuff. I weld, but poorly, so I don't know if I'd trust my work. Do you just have a big-ass powder coating oven, what did you cook that baby in?

!!!

Edited by pexter

Nice stuff. I weld, but poorly, so I don't know if I'd trust my work. Do you just have a big-ass powder coating oven, what did you cook that baby in?

Thanks.We made our own Powder-coating kiln.Put together two industrial sized storage lockers,lined it with K-wool(Kevlarwool) four heating elements from a few old ovens.Lined the bottom with fire brick.

Going to a metal salvage place next week.Buddy of mine says he saw a whole bunch of large metal pipe caps(like in the picture).I want to weld the caps together to make a few sets of shot loadable globe dumbbells,and possibly some kettlebells as well.

Cool idea. I wish I had the space for any kind of powder coat setup, sure beats the hell out of rattle canning everything. I got to fire up my welder agai and get cracking, very inspiring.

Pexter, as usual, AWESOME! I have got to find me a scrap yard like you have. With retail steel prices going up like they are, even making your own stuff is getting too high to make things I don't really need.

Nice, cool stuff John is it kinda like doing a log lift when doing overhead? how wide is it?

Nice work, John. You got some cool stuff there. :mosher

Bought a brand new chrome olympic bar,cut off the ends and welded it to my new tandem grip bar.Powder coated it iridescent green(this is a two coat process)Bar pic#1

bar pic#2

Made this with the left over from the olympic bar. bar pic.#3

chrome with powder coated black ends,and middle rotate sleeve.

Man, you've got skills! :bow

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Can't wait to come down again. HINT! HINT! Johnny Steel has the best toys I have ever I mean ever seen. Off the chart sick TOYS for big boys! :rock

That fulcrum bar is beyond wicked, and beautiful too !

This photo reminded me that I dont have a fire extinguisher, and I must say tha cow pallace butcher chop is kind of a disturbing name. :tongue

Thanks for the coments guys.Iam making the same fulcrum bar tonight,but with one less handle on each side.Making the olympic bar ends a bit longer so it can fit on a regular width bench press.It will be powder-coated fire engine red.Then put on display in my friend's fitness store.Will take pics of it loaded on the bench Monday and I will post them so you guys can see 'em.

Pexter, let us know about the pipe caps! I found two of the same thing a few years ago and had to cut them on a lathe so they could be welded into a liftable size. They were almost 4" deep each so I had to cut them both down. But they welded up great and now I have this hollow steel very rounded blob type of thing. Still have to drill/tap it for a fill plug. It weighs 11 lbs emplty.

get as many caps as you can!! Ive been looking for them, they make a great blob.. after a good bit of work

Looks like youve made some more great equipment -- as usual!!

~Steve

~Steve

There is a place near me called Reading foundry & supply co.They have been in buisness since the mid 1800's.Buddy of mine who is a boiler maker by trade says they have weldable pipe caps in any size.I just have to see how expensive they are.See if they are worth the price.

Pexter, let us know about the pipe caps! I found two of the same thing a few years ago and had to cut them on a lathe so they could be welded into a liftable size. They were almost 4" deep each so I had to cut them both down. But they welded up great and now I have this hollow steel very rounded blob type of thing. Still have to drill/tap it for a fill plug. It weighs 11 lbs emplty.

get as many caps as you can!! Ive been looking for them, they make a great blob.. after a good bit of work

Looks like youve made some more great equipment -- as usual!!

~Steve

~Steve

Here are some pictures of another angled-tandem grip olympic-bar.For sale at my buddy's fitness store.It has one less handle so it can fit into a olympic bench.This one is powder coated fire engine-red!

Bar pic#1

Bar pic#2

bar pic#3

bar pic#4

bar pic#5

--

how much weight will it support

Well the original olympic bar that was used was rated 1500lbs.The frame is 1.5"x1.5" heavywall box tubing.There is a hole drilled through both sides,and loading ends are tig-welded on both sides of tubing,very strong.