Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge Xiv (feb 11)

Martin_Arildsson

Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XIV (14)

February 11

General Information:

Only approved chalk may be used by the competitors

No strapping of wrists, hands or arms is allowed (unless approved beforehand in light of injuries)

Lifting belts and knee supports are permitted

The rising bar principle will be used with 4 attempts. Starting weights will be submitted by the competitors and the lowest starting weight will be used first. After this the second lowest weight will be used. If you fail at a weight you can not go down in weight for your next attempt. You can only request the same weight or a higher weight for your next attempt.

Both hands will be tested on the Hand Grippers, One Handed Vertical Bar Lift and the One Handed Deadlift.

Event One

Hand Grippers

The free hand may be used to set the gripper in the gripping hand. The set can be no narrower than the handles being parallel to one another. The set must be clearly visible to the judges before the close is to proceed. Note that setting the gripper right at the limit may mean a longer pause is necessary for the judges to make this decision.

Once the gripper has been set with the spring facing up, the gripper is to be closed shut until the handles are clearly touching. No contact can be made with the gripping hand or the gripping arm from the elbow down with the free hand once the close has begun.

The entire close must be clearly visible to the referee. The close finishes on the referees signal.

Scoring

The coefficient for the Hand Grippers is 15.25.

The coefficient is multiplied by the total strength of the hand grippers closed (as listed below) to obtain the competitors point score for the event. As an example, if your total (right and left hand results combined) in the event is 5.9, your score for the event will be determined as follows:

5.9 x 15.25 = 89.96p

Hand Gripper Strength Ratings

CoC #2 - 2.05

CoC #2 - 2.38

PDA 359 – 2.69

PDA 399 – 2.81

CoC #3 – 3.0

PDA 437 – 3.25

BB SE – 3.81

BB SE – 3.89

Event Two

Two Handed Pinch Lift

The pinch apparatus must be positioned between the lifter’s feet. The lifter must grip the top of the lifting plates with both hands in a pinch grip.

The pinch apparatus must be raised to a point where the centre bar hits a predetermined marker 16.5 inches in height. The shoulders do not have to be pulled erect, nor the body or legs straight. The lift ends once the centre bar has made contact with the predetermined marker. Upon completion the lifter will then return the apparatus to the ground. Contact must be maintained between the lifter's hands and the apparatus until it is resting on the floor.

NOTE: The width of the pinch apparatus is adjustable to suit different sized hands. Before the event starts, you will be given the opportunity to try it and find your best width. The apparatus will be set to the width that the majority choose who will go first and complete their lifts. It will then be altered to the next most popular width and those lifters will compete, and so on.

Scoring

The coefficient for the Two Handed Pinch Lift is 1.082.

The coefficient is multiplied by the weight lifted (in kilograms) to obtain the competitors point score for the event. As an example, if your best lift in the event is 80kg, your score for the event will be determined as follows:

80 x 1.082 = 86.56p

Event Three

One Handed Vertical Bar Lift

The vertical bar must be positioned between the lifter’s feet. The bar is to be gripped near the top with one hand (the distance between the top of the hand and the top of the bar after setting can be no more than 5cm) and is not to touch the wrist, forearm or leg and the lifting hand can not be locked against the thigh or any part of the body. The lifting forearm though is allowed contact with the thigh during the lift. Hook gripping is not permitted. The free hand may be used to brace against the legs and/or body during the lift.

The bar must be raised clear of the floor by at least 5 cm’s. Upon completion the lifter will then return the bar to the ground under control.

Scoring

The coefficient for the One Handed Vertical Bar Lift is 0.3309.

The coefficient is multiplied by the total weight lifted (in kilograms) to obtain the competitors point score for the event. As an example, if your total (right and left hand results combined) in the event is 250kg, your score for the event will be determined as follows:

250 x 0.3309 = 82.73p

Event Four

One Handed Deadlift

The bar may be raised either in front of the lifter or the lifter may straddle the bar. The lifter will use one hand to grip the bar in the centre. Hook gripping is not permitted. The free hand may be used to brace against the legs and/or body during the lift.

The bar must be raised to a point where both ends of the bar must remain knee high and the legs straightened. The shoulders do not have to be pulled erect, nor the body straight as long as the legs are straight and the bar motionless with both ends above the knee joint. The lift ends with the referee's signal. Upon completion the lifter will then return the bar to the ground. Contact must be maintained between the lifter's hands and the bar until it is resting on the floor.

Scoring

The coefficient for the One Handed Deadlift is 0.4.

The coefficient is multiplied by the total weight lifted (in kilograms) to obtain the competitors point score for the event. As an example, if your total (right and left hand results combined) in the event is 220kg, your score for the event will be determined as follows:

220 x 0.4 = 88.00p

Event Five

Unbraced Bending

The bending style must be unbraced and above the waist. At no point are the hands allowed to touch the body or drop below the waist during the stage of the bend. Stiff materials will not be allowed for wrapping the. You may use one or two pieces (split wrapping style) of cloth for bending.

The starting style cannot be changed during the stage of the bend. Bending double overhand style is not permitted.

The bend is completed once the bar has been bent to at least 60 degrees in one motion

Euro 2005 8mm HRS Stock

7'' - 85.72p

6 3/4'' - 88.89p

6 1/2'' - 92.31p

6 1/4'' - 96.00p

6'' - 100.00p

5 3/4'' - 104.35p

5 1/2'' - 109.09p

Edited by Martin_Arildsson

Who will compete?

Who will compete?

So far it is:

Me

Arne Persson

Jense (that's what he is called here)

Johan Albrektsson

I will add more later when I know who will compete!

And hopefully we will get more grippers!

Who will compete?

So far it is:

Me

Arne Persson

Johan Albrektsson

Arne Persson

Johan Albrektsson

Martin Arildsson

Kalle Lane

Mario Sjögren

Who will compete?

So far it is:

Me

Arne Persson

Johan Albrektsson

Arne Persson

Johan Albrektsson

Martin Arildsson

Kalle Lane

Mario Sjögren

Kalle will compete in a strongman contest the same day so i dont think he will compete :(

• 2 weeks later...

Got two grippers from David Horne today.

BBE 3.54 and BBSE 3.65.

Thanks alot for your help David!

BBE 3.54 and BBSE 3.65.

Good, then I don't have to calibrate that slippery BBE gripper Arne sent me. :rolleyes

BBE 3.54 and BBSE 3.65.

Good, then I don't have to calibrate that slippery BBE gripper Arne sent me. :rolleyes

Hmpf... :trout

BBE 3.54 and BBSE 3.65.

Aaaah, you mean the gripper YOU order to me?

• 2 weeks later...

Any of the other swedes here on gripboard that till come to the contest?

Good luck to everyone.

Martin, can we please have a new WR in the pinch. You certainly have the potential.

Good luck to everyone.

Martin, can we please have a new WR in the pinch. You certainly have the potential.

Thanks! But I don't think it's possible. :ohmy

• 2 weeks later...

yeah good luck guys.. And martin, i expect some big numbers from you!!

yeah good luck guys.. And martin, i expect some big numbers from you!!

Don't start talking about my weight again! :flame

I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous atm... :D

Martin, go and get some records now. Time to show the world of grip what Viking power is all about.

:mosher

Good luck guys! Is this the qualifying contest for the euros this year?

Good luck guys! Is this the qualifying contest for the euros this year?

Yes, this one and the next LGC in May I think. In the past we allowed people to qualify in both competitions as some live very far away from Löddeköpinge.