Rolling Thunder....

Blackheart

I am maybe too weak or i don't know...

i started recently deadlifting with the rolling thunder and at the time i tried to deadlift 55 kilos, my hand opened up, i mean that when i lifted it (with difficulty, much difficulty) i couldn't by no way wrap my fist around the handle....plus that i lifted 10 - 15 cm up and then droped it.... I lifted it but my hand immediately opened up

my nervs

Edited by Blackheart

It sounds to me that you might just be at your max range. I know when I am near my max it will often be close to popping out of my hand unless I put it down.

I can never tell if I will do well or do bad when I do the RT. All I know is that you can't train with it often to do well on it.

Supermagnamon, are you saying that practicing the RT doesn't lead to gains on the RT? That seems really counterintuitive. I've been planning to do a lot of RT in January to build it up.

rolling thunder is a great lift, i love it. the handle is meant to be very hard to hold on to of course. it almost wants to open up your fingers and roll right out of your hand. the first time i tried RT i lifted 135 lbs and now i'm up to 150 lbs. so your 121 lbs is not a bad lift.

Supermagnamon, are you saying that practicing the RT doesn't lead to gains on the RT? That seems really counterintuitive. I've been planning to do a lot of RT in January to build it up.

No he said don't train on it often - ie: too much. I'm training on mine once a week and do thick bar once a week.

...i mean that when i lifted it (with difficulty, much difficulty) i couldn't by no way wrap my fist around the handle....plus that i lifted 10 - 15 cm up and then droped it....

Back it off by about 20 pounds and try it that way... I'm thinking you just have too much on it now.

You are probably right sybersnott.Thank you for the advice.How many reps should i do? i mean how many deadlifts?

Ah, don't do reps. Do singles. For example:

RH - moderate/light heavy weight

LH - moderate/light heavy weight

small rest

RH - moderate/light heavy weight

LH - moderate/light heavy weight

small rest

RH - light heavy weight

LH - light heavy weight

small rest

RH - heavy weight

LH - heavy weight

3 minute rest

RH - heavy weight

LH - heavy weight

5 minute rest

RH - go for max weight (PR)

LH - go for max weight (PR)

10 minute rest

RH - go for max weight (PR)

LH - go for max weight (PR)

You've done a warmup for your PR attempts by doing singles - don't forget to work BOTH hands... that's why I have in there RH (right hand), and LH (left hand) singles. After the heavy singles, rest a few minutes. You can vary this routine a bit to get the most out of your PR attempts. Always end the routine by going for a RT PR; you want to know how much you can lift on the RT and if you're getting any stronger doing the routine! Good Luck! :D

Blackheart,

I usually take a about 4 lifts to work up to my max (which is sort of what Snott recommends), take a couple of shots at a PR and then back off to my opening weight for max reps over time or a hold. All with pretty small rest bites in-between attempts.

I also tried the chalk/no chalk comparison. Didn't seem to make any difference :erm

Thank you jim wylie! i will follow advices from experienced guys like you and syber!!!! One day i will also have those words under the Avatar:

Certified Captain of Crush...

Edited by Blackheart