Euro Handle

bseedot

What's the best way to attach the euro handle for the one-hand lift to the weight being pulled? Or what set-up was used for David's record lifts? Thanks!

BC.

Thanks, David.

So what is needed to be able to claim a world record in this feat? Is whatever is used to attach the handle to the barbell weighed on a calibrated scale too? Does a barbell have to be used or can a long loading pin be used?

BC.

Brian,

A barbell or loading pin can be used. Calibrate discs and bar, chain and handle all totalled. Also the event has to be part of a contest.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have the Euro handle at Dave Ostlund and Jeff Peterson's strongman contest this Saturday (Jan. 21) in Minneapolis, MN. Just some fun. No entry fee. Four attempts each. Anyone can compete. Show up and see how you potentially stack up against the world in this one-hand lift event.

BC.

That's cool, Brian. Good job, bro.

-Jedd-

Holy Humility, Batman. The contest was loooong and everybody was pretty cashed out, but there were a few willing to give it a pull. 400+ loading pin felt muy heavy to this cat. I can't imagine putting another 300+ lbs on there. :bow

Edited by CMunger

While doing some testing with the Euro handle about a week before the contest,

I had pulled 385lbs and BC had pulled 420lbs. Probably not close to what can be

done on that.

M2

Hey Brian, did you set it up on a bar or on a loading pin.

-Jedd-

Jedd, I used a loading pin. Add extra carabiners (I used two) as needed to get the proper height. Unless you have an unusually long loading pin it won't hold 700+ pounds on it, so that may be problematic if you use it at one of your contests, where you know people will be pulling big numbers. I'm sure that Tetting could make a custom 20" loading pin or something...

BC.

I have both and much prefer the bar to the loading pin. I made up what I call a chain bar (center hook up) to use for it and some other lifts. I can set my body up better with my feet closer together than spread out over a pile of 45# plates. It feels "safer" to me with the better alignment.