Dimensions Of A 50lb Hex?

gunnaknow

Hi, I train my pinch grip with a 4x4" beam of wood, with additional weight attached. I would like to know what a 50lb hex measures from side to side, so that I can nail more wood to the beam inorder to make it the same width as a 50lb hex. I'm guessing that a 50lb hex is about 5-5.5" from side to side. Can someone please measure their 50lb hex and let me know what it measures from side to side? When I say from side to side, I mean the ends that a 50lb hex is usually gripped. Not the other, less commonly used sides. Thankyou for your help.

Gunnaknow

Edited by gunnaknow

Why is no one willing to help me? Many people here have 50lb hex's and I'm sure they also have rulers or tape measures, so the only thing lacking must be their willingness to be helpful to fellow grippers in need of help. Please tell me that it isn't so. Surely someone in possession of a 50lb hex has the kind nature to help me out.

mine is 4 5/8 inches wide hope this helps

Thanks guys. You have been a great help. I posted this thread in the main forum after no one responded here but I have now deleted that post because you answered my post here. Thanks.

Thanks guys. You have been a great help. I posted this thread in the main forum after no one responded here but I have now deleted that post because you answered my post here. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, do you not have any places that sell Hex DBs where you live, so you can take your own measurements?

Zcor, I thought it would be easier to just ask here. I don't feel like phoning up several gyms or sports shops to find out if they have 50lb hexs and then having to make a visit to get a measurement. I also don't want to buy a hex and then have to cut it up, when a beam of wood will do just as well.

Zcor, I thought it would be easier to just ask here. I don't feel like phoning up several gyms or sports shops to find out if they have 50lb hexs and then having to make a visit to get a measurement. I also don't want to buy a hex and then have to cut it up, when a beam of wood will do just as well.

you can probably buy 1/16 plate steel cheep and cut circles out and glue them to your wood to get the right feel of steel

One last measurement needed also. The measurement of the sloped edge before the sides. Once I know this, I can draw a sketch and make my wood fit these dimensions. Thankyou so much for the help.

I would have replied sooner but I just got mine yesterday.

The top= 3 9/16

The slopes= 1 3/8 each

Measuring the way Jedd is in the video= 6 5/16

The overall width= 5 1/4

My 50lb hex weighs 50lbs.

It is half of a 100lb db

Now you know, gunnaknow.

I think this answers your questions.

If you have anymore questions or need a clarification feel free to PM me.

I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Jason

\\m//

I would have replied sooner but I just got mine yesterday.

The top= 3 9/16

The slopes= 1 3/8 each

Measuring the way Jedd is in the video= 6 5/16

The overall width= 5 1/4

My 50lb hex weighs 50lbs.

It is half of a 100lb db

Now you know, gunnaknow.

I think this answers your questions.

If you have anymore questions or need a clarification feel free to PM me.

I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Jason

\\m//

Jason, you are the man! Thanks so much. I thought no one was going to reply for a moment. I guess at 5 1/4" wide, you have a Cap instead of an Ivanko. For those with Ivankos, or any other 50lbers measuring 4 5/8" wide, I would also like to know all the key measurements from that type aswel. Thanks.

Edited by gunnaknow

Guys, please, I can't move forward until someone helps me out with the dimensions of a 50lber that is 4 5/8" across. The dimensions of the Cap type are just too big for my average hands. I can't move forward until someone helps me. Please, give a guy a break and just take a few quick measurements. You have the hex and you have a ruler or tape measure.

this is for a york 100lb dumbell total from slope to slope is 5 7/8 the flat spot on top is 3 1/8 inches and all the way around is 24 inches now go build :tongue

Thanks Dan! I knew someone would come to my rescue eventually. Do you know what kind of 50lb hex is most commonly used by members here? If you don't, I might ask that question in the main forum, or maybe start a poll.

Thanks Dan! I knew someone would come to my rescue eventually. Do you know what kind of 50lb hex is most commonly used by members here? If you don't, I might ask that question in the main forum, or maybe start a poll.

I was up my local "MuscleMag" store recently. This is where I bought my fat CAP dumbbell, and the CAPS on the floor looked more like my skinnier IVANKO.

Block weights vary ;)

i guess like tspinillo said thy vary alot and as long as its a 50lb der your ok i guess if your lucky enough to find a slightly narrow one your doing even better they all are close i have hade a bunch and sold them all across the board . unless jed is going by measurment of hand x with of blob if you can do a wide one the others will be easy :whacked