York Blob replicas

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Why hasn't anyone started producing Blobs? I think it would be a great idea. They could even be produced so you can have progressive poundages to work with. We all can't find old York dumbells... but for sure someone could produce some and I think many here would invest in them, like me.

This was brought up when we were on ezboard. The short answer is that there is insufficient demand to make blob casting economically feasible.

Guest Jeff Roark

BarBender,

Yeah I'll agree that maybe then it wasn't feasible. Then grip was sort of still hush hush. Now it is going a little more main stream and more people are getting active with it. Heck they made the Little Big Horn so one can train for anvils, maybe the same could be done for the Blob. Plate loading Blob handle? Maybe the same deminsions as the Sorin blob, but plate loaded so one could work up to the big one? Do you guys have any ideas on how it could be done? But then again I would like to have the real thing so I could do the block training in Brookfeilds book.

Jeff, Roger LaPointe of AtomicAthletic is now offering Shot loaded "Blobs" in a style similar to his kettlebells.  He can be reached at 517-540-1040.  These are really cool and talk about microloading, you could add several grains of shot each workout.  I believe he can have these made in almost any size you require.  I don't know anything about pricing yet, but I see one of these in my near future.  Very cool guy, very unique and interesting products that you can hand down to your grandchildren.

Guest Jeff Roark

Pat,

I met Roger at Georgetown,Ky. He is a very cool guy, and super interesting. He is a little guy like me but he is super strong too. I looked at his shot loaded KBs, I can almost guess as to what the Blobs would look like. I would like to have one also. It may be a bit though. I hope to meet Roger again in the future, he is a class act, someone I really enjoyed talking with.