Old Time Strongman Dinner

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

It seems as if alot of you guys here are going to be attending this dinner. I sure would love to be able to go! Can anyone give some details on the whens and wheres? If I could ever get my income tax back I may see if i can manage to go somehow, if not this year definately next year! Who here is going?

Jeff,

The AOBS Dinner is in Saddlebrook, New Jersey on June 22.  I will be there, and I know of a few others that plan on being there as well, such as Heath Sexton (Bearcat74), Pat Povilaitis (terminator), John Hicks (Sybersnott), Tom Black, and Richard Sorin (1st CoC).  It should be lots of fun.  I went last year, and had a great time while meeting many legends of the Iron Game.  More more information, call Vic Boff (the man who runs this great function) himself at 941-549-8407.  Hope to see you there.

Steve Weiner

Steve... quite recently I sent WannaGrip some pics of the last one (the one in October 2000).  It was a great event!  If you really want to have a great time, and want the chance to meet and greet your fellow GripBoard members, I say make the plans and go!!  I'll be there!!!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

hands,

Would YOU like to meet and greet some of the greatest talent when it comes to strength training and weightlifting, not to mention some of the greatest gripmasters in the world today??  Yes, anyone can go - not reserved for a special few like some events.  Contact Vic Boff at the above number, and tell him you are interested in attending the AOBS annual dinner in June.  He will send you info. through the mail about the event.  Vic is a great guy to talk to... very knowledgeable about the physical culture/weightlifting/strength history, and he's just a great guy to talk to over the phone!!  I spent over two hours one time talking to him about the strength legends; he's amazing!  If you do go, tell us because Steve is going to set aside a table for all the GripBoard members - several of which will be COC's like me and Steve.  Hope you attend!!  :)

I just called Vic for info on the dinner.  I am planning on attending.  Vic talked about the importance of remembering the greats of the past.  Thanks to some here, I have a basic understanding of these great men, and would like to learn more.  Besides, it's an opportunity to meet the greats of today, and hopefully inspire some greats for tomorrow.  Steve, I would be honored if you would reserve a place for me.

Thanks,  Alan

Alan,

I hope this table holds alot of people, as I believe at last count there may be as many as 9 people at the table already.  Anyway, please join us.  Send me an IM with your full name after you have purchased tickets so I can tell Mr. Boff to put you at our table.

Steve Weiner

I would like to go as well-I will call Vic tomorrow for details-

Rick Walker :hehe

I want Rick Walker sitting next to me!!  :D

After all..... I believe Rick has that "Sybersnott" quality about him, and I think he will make a great protege!!  :p

Just called Vic Boff, said he'd sent me the info.  I'm really looking forward to seeing my fellow grip brothers there.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

My apologies, I will not be able to make the dinner.  This whole year has been a logistical nightmare for me.  It looks like the next event I can attend is the national strongest man comp in St Louis in July.  

I am planning on making the dinner next year, as I should be living in Massachusetts, which is a fair bit closer to New Jersey.

I am sorely disappointed that I am going to miss meeting all of you.  

Thanks,  Alan