New arival

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I got my #4 in the mail today.  All I can say is Joe Kinney is a stud !  I opened it up , warm up a bit with my #2 and gave it a shot. First off you ,I at least, have a hard time even getting it set good in your hand. Even with it not being set, I gave it a shot. Well, I got it down around an embarising 1 1/4".  Then later on I did a workout and finished with 3 sets of negatives with the monster.  All I can say is workouts will be interesting from now on.

The #4 is a monster.

When I received it, I had regrets : What will I do with it ?

the size of the spring alone is a scary thing.

I have a #4 that is double stamped does this mean anything? How do you guys position the grippers in your hand? Do you close it a little with the other hand to to get all your fingers aroung it?

That's what I do Jeff. And that's about where it stops. I can get it to 1 1/4 sometimes. Even closing it with two hands is hard.

Tou, do you know if double stamping on the grippers really means anything. I still have one inch on the #4. Going to train the grippers now.

Jeff, we have had A LOT of discussions around double stamped grippers. I don't have one but the guys almost all said that the double stamped are tougher.

Do you close the 3 Jeff. 1 inch on the #4 would equal to almost any #3 closed.

Alright.... here's a challenge for you all!!  :p

Close my #4 and you can keep it.  Anyone going to the AOBS in June can meet me there, and give it a go.  BTW, PDA rated it at 535 IP after being seasoned; originally it was 565 IP (non-seasoned).  It'll be one of the many "toys" I'm bringing to the dinner.  :)

Note:  this offer does NOT apply to John Brookfield or Richard Sorin!!

Guest baldy

Cool challenge, Snott. So if anyone other than Mr Sorin or Mr Brookfield closes that specific #4 you will give it to them, right?

I can't resist, I am going to have to start a poll to see if you will leave with that #4 or if it will get a new owner.

Tou I closed the #3 to with in a quarter width. Part of the problem I think is that I have no techniques to build strength. I pick up the #3 once a week and try to close it a couple times and them I am done. What is a strap hold. Tou how do you train the grippers.

Just got my first close with the #3. I had to use my other hand to hold my wrist though. It felt great to touch the handles with one hand.

Way to go, Jeff!!  :D

How long did it take you to finally master that #3??  Looks like another guy is joining the COC list!!  :)

I got my grippers on Christmas. Used them every day for a week, it was just to hard to leave them alone.  Once a week I would squeeze reps out on my #2 and take attempts with my #3. Two weeks later I got my #4. However for the last month I would only use the three and the four, giving my trainer #1, and#2 to my brothers,. I hoped this would force me to toughen up. I tried negatives for two weeks now. This last week however I would try to close my #3 almost every other night, I just had a feeling that I would get it. Seriously though reading this forum and listening to how excited everyone is about the grippers sped up this process.