Strengths/weaknesses

Nathan Say

What's everybody best at? 1stCoC got me thinking in that Iron Grip interview when he said he doesn't do any bending, I guess everybody's got stuff that they're good at & stuff they're not. Without trying to speak for anyone else I'd say 1stCoC is best at crush & thick pinches, mobsterone is best with thick handles, David Horne is best at any kind wrist curl, etc. I'm getting good at plate curls & I hate RT (but I like my spiffy new 2" db handles). (btw what is John Brookfield bad at? he's closed his Phantom 4, can bend anything, lifted a Blob with extra weight, done a 1 arm chin @ 260lbs & so on)

well, when i got my #2 i got all big-headed and thought i had a good crush grip because i closed it for reps out of the bag.  the #3 has a way of humbling you though, as it still kicks me in the ass every week.  i'd have to say i'm about average in everything.  pinch 35's, can do a double hammer squeeze with 8 lbers, just tried out a new pair of 2" d-bell handles last week and i can see i've got a long way to go there.

I'm good at everything but I'll never be world class in anything (except if I closed the #3). I'm way above the average man but i must be in the average on this board.

I pinch 88lbs with plates, I do a plate curl with a 35, I can bend a 60d CRS nail, I have a good deadlift and a big partial. The only thing I don't know is thick bar stuff : I never tried any.

Lately, for me - it's lifting anvils!  I've got to try some really big boys (like Jowett's 168 pounder) to see what I'm really made of!!  :p

John Brookfield is very bad at being weak.

I, on the otherhand, am pretty bad at everything but climbing rock. I can pull and that's about it. My shoulders are crap after 12+ years of competitive wrestling and just about everytime I start feeling strong I do something stupid and shitcan myself for a few months.

mike m.