Rebar

Concrete Pete

the construction site im working on the lathers( work with rebar) made me steel king which is all im working with on this job. its putting a big hurting on me but im having a blast. any leftover scraps of half inch ive been bending on coffee breaks and during lunch my boss thinks im nuts but its fun.i noticed on the tags it says rebar is grade 60 im wondering if anyone here would be able to bend a 3/16ths 7 inch piece(diameter differs from normal steel to rebar) any takers ill send it id anyone wants to try.

I have never bent any short pieces, but I have scrolled long pieces of half inch rebar. Its a great workout for the whole upper body. Great for building wrist strength.

yea its definitely a upper body workout lol. i have coiled some 4 bars which are half inch. but have bent 5 bars ( not sure the thickness ) only flaw is they spring back on you when your bending so you have to stay clear of your face. i have been trying to make a christian fish for the lather forman but when i cross over there is too much space between the bars themselfs.im trying to get a 20footer from him to see if i can coil the whole thing either a 5 bar or 4. i will say one thing i am dreading the number 11 bars (about2in thick) 58footers, when we have to carry them in the hole they ruin my shoulder somehing feirce even with 3 of us it still still suck carrying them. :(

Be careful scrolling rebar. It's super springy. If your grip slips the bar can punch you like Mike Tyson!

-HH

i have been trying to make a christian fish for the lather forman but when i cross over there is too much space between the bars themselfs.

Pete here is how you fix the space problem. Make the fish. Then very carefully (this part may cost you some skin if you are not careful) unbend it so the ends can clear eachother and make the fish again. Essentially you are just pulling the ends past eachother, the end that was creating space is now on the other side of the bar and it will spring itself tightly to the bar. Hard to describe hope this makes sense.

i have been trying to make a christian fish for the lather forman but when i cross over there is too much space between the bars themselfs.

Pete here is how you fix the space problem. Make the fish. Then very carefully (this part may cost you some skin if you are not careful) unbend it so the ends can clear eachother and make the fish again. Essentially you are just pulling the ends past eachother, the end that was creating space is now on the other side of the bar and it will spring itself tightly to the bar. Hard to describe hope this makes sense.

thanks ill do just that on tuesday and let you know how it comes out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good tip Greg

Rebar fells like your trying to scroll a grade 8