Ring Lifts

John Beatty

Tried some one hand ring lifts this week on Strongman training day. Pretty fun. went to just under 300lbs, will try more next week. Would like to hit 500 or so.

Did in whole hand then index & middle. Tried it one finger & it was never even going to slide.

How much can you handle with the middle finger. I did 100 and that was enough for me. Just wondering if that is good enough to do to entertain people or if anyone can do 100.

Edited by GarytheDino

Did 135 once with just the middle finger on a FBBC loading pin. I think that's easier than the big ring, though. better grip & doesn't pull your finger so much. I think 100 is a pretty good lift.

Tried some one hand ring lifts this week on Strongman training day. Pretty fun. went to just under 300lbs, will try more next week. Would like to hit 500 or so.

Great work John! I almost forgot the ring lift was going to be one of the events at the next BBB.

300 is good. 500 by next year would be awesome. I'm shooting for 400. I'm at 320 right now.

I am curious how high you will want the weights to be lifted to count as a good lift at the contest though...