Grip Contest In The State Of Georgia

Sybersnott

I'm thinking about putting on a grip contest for the state of Georgia.

I'd like it to be a legit contest with some prizes... shooting for possibly the 5th of August 2006. Events unknown at this time. Venue unknown at this time.

If I could get some tips from people who have put on grip contests, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :bow

I haven't put on any contest but here goes:

Find a cool gym and make sure some of the local guys will be there for the contest. Don't be too worried about getting the highest caliber guys for the first one - then again you might have someone come out of the woodwork and dominate.

Don't worry if you don't have a lot of prizes that doesn't make the contest, a cool casual environment where people learn stuff is most fun - if you can get more that's great but a few grippers/tugs for the top placers is enough.

Beer on hand helps, if it turns out you can't get enough showing for the first one - just turn it into a grip get together.

Low entry fee, bring in some newbies and build a grassroots base of competitors. Post on a lot of boards too about the contest - there are lots of lurkers out there.