crushing a coke!!!

Guest hands4god

Guest hands4god

to all fellow gripmasters:  i remember reading a copy of muscle and fitness (the month i do not remember) back in 1996 i think. anyway there was an article about Manfred Horberal,..(not sure if i spelled his name right). the artical was about his huge arms. in this artical they showed a picture of him sqeezing a can of cocacola so hard that it poped! i remember the artical saying, that when tested in a vise, it took about 600 lbs of preasure to pop an unopened can of coke! sense then i have never heard of it being done! just last year i got into grip strength, and just recently i was thinking about that. so i know that all of you would know if he has done it sense, or has anyone else done it. i do not think it was a scam, in that it was published, (with pics) in muscle and fitness. if it can be done, and it does take 600 lbs of presure to do,..shouldn"t he also be able to close the #4? perhaps you flks could help.   tank you so much!

Joe Kinney crushed full, unopened Coors cans like it was no body's buisness.  At the end of his video, he crushes 6 in a row.

He could also hold the can in his hand and jam his thumb through the side of it.

Scary stuff-

Rick Walker :hehe

Guest iron_addict

i remember this article as well.  manfred is a strong guy so i have no doubt that this was legit.  as to how much pressure it actually takes i have no idea.  i'll just take their word for it.  the way manfred cruched the cans and the kinney crushed the cans was different though.  if i remember correctly manfred was using two hands placing them on the top and bottom of the can.  kinney just grabbed it one hand and mashes his fingers into it.  i don't know how much direct grip (crushing) training manfred does, but if he really put his mind to it he could probaly get the number 4.  although i don't know if he has ever tried.

You can find information regarding the Kinney video in the classifieds section of MILO. Do you have access to this publication?

Guest Neal Bates

Adam, go to page 2 and scroll down to the bottom of the page. I posted all the information regarding the tape in a thread call "The Kinney Tape". It's 25.00 plus 6.00 shipping for a total of 31.00. The address is in my post. I wrote to Joe about two weeks ago and got the info straight from him.

Neal,

I think Manfred was capable of bursting soda pop cans, but I remember that his technique was to squash the can using both hands with palms facing each other and pressing together. Kinney seemed to use more of an actual crushing grip to burst the cans.

Manfred uses his palms and presses them together; Kinney uses a stranglehold and busts them open.  No comparison.  Sorry.  :(