rock for strong hannds

Guest hands4god

Guest hands4god

in the book of john brookfield, he talks about block wieght training. well i started using a rock because i dont have block wiegts. i found a big rock oneday while walking. it is about 40 lbs  and one end is wide and one end is small.  i have been pinching it for 3 weeks.  does it work?  well, 3 weeks ago i could pinch grip 2 25's  for about 5 seconds. yesterday i passed them from hand to hand for 15 seconds!!

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

I never heard specifically of "pinching rocks" but i might go try it if you've had good progress.  I'll try anything..

I have some cinder blocks i might play with.

Guest hands4god

hey bro, im telling ya it realy works! i have also taken two cynder blocks and put them so the ends touch. then pinch grip them together. rocks are awesome though. if you can find a place where therr are big rocks, you are in good shape. sometimes i wil go walking and pinchgrip every rock i come across. it is like pinching a totaly diferent block wieght every time. rocks provide a good surfce for griping.

rocks work great for pinching, especially if you can get some from a river or stream that are real smooth

Guest baldy

The Swiss (David H) wrote an article for a recent MILO about training with rocks instead of block weights, he seems to have done really well with it. He sounded (in the article) like he trains grip mostly to augment his rock climbing ability, but the idea of pinching stones is really neat (and cost effective, as he pointed out in the article).

BTW David, if you are reading this, I really enjoyed your article.

I think rocks are great for adding variety to a grip routine. The only problem I have is that where I live, granite is the most abundant rock and it takes the skin off!