Michigan Grip #4

Bob Lipinski

Heavy Grips and Fat Bastard will sponsor the event. We've built up a pretty good base of competition over the years, and have a good 4-5 guys who will be in the running for the win. Can they beat 3 time champ Dave Morton?

http://www.powerandbulk.com/ushandstrength...ripchamps4.html

$10 will get you beer and food in addition to competing.

Anybody interested in grip should check out Don Larkin's gym.

How is it my redneck buddy can win a contest without ever going :D Think your 3 timer is Thorten not Morton... And he is a monster for sure, not easy to beat.

Heavy Grips and Fat Bastard will sponsor the event. We've built up a pretty good base of competition over the years, and have a good 4-5 guys who will be in the running for the win. Can they beat 3 time champ Dave Morton?

http://www.powerandbulk.com/ushandstrength...ripchamps4.html

$10 will get you beer and food in addition to competing.

Anybody interested in grip should check out Don Larkin's gym.

Ill be there Bob. This will be my first grip comp so I am looking forward to competing and meeting some other grip guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got all my plans together, I'm comingn I highly encourage anyone thinking about it to show up. Nothing better for giving your training a boost than going to a contest.

Don't feel like you have to be a grip master to have fun either. I'll be lucky if I lever the 8lb sledge or get the 35lb blob on a platform.

Yeah, it will be great. I've said it a million times, just to be around Don is a huge inspiration.

And scott, you'll get those lifts, even if Don and I have to bust a nut screaming at you to get them!

Maybe I just missed this, but are all the one handed lifts done with both hands and added, or are all the one hand lifts just with the dominant hand? Thanks.

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and getting back to Larkin's Gym.

Jeff, the one hand lifts are done with the best hand. (grippers and levering)

Last I knew either hand could be used for the blob load. You could switch hands during the event if you wished.

Two questions:

1. How many attempts per event.

2. Is the 45 Rim hold with 100lbs per hand done with 1 45 in each hand or 2 45s in each hand? Is there a pipe through the plate(s) to add weight to get an even 100lbs?

Just got all my plans together, I'm comingn I highly encourage anyone thinking about it to show up. Nothing better for giving your training a boost than going to a contest.

Don't feel like you have to be a grip master to have fun either. I'll be lucky if I lever the 8lb sledge or get the 35lb blob on a platform.

Best of luck all, I'd make the drive from here, but we will be away on vacation in a warmer place then !

... neilkaz ...

1. How many attempts per event.

2. Is the 45 Rim hold with 100lbs per hand done with 1 45 in each hand or 2 45s in each hand? Is there a pipe through the plate(s) to add weight to get an even 100lbs?

Scott,

There should be 4 attempts for the grippers, 2 hand pinch and levering events.

Larkin's Gym has 100 lb. plates that we are going to use for the plate rim holds.

Cool, I don't think I've ever seen a 100lb plate in person before. I've definitely never picked one up. Should be interesting.

Neil, enjoy the trip. Hopefully you can make the next one.

Actually Dave I thought they are just gonna be using the 45's for the rim to grip with extra weight attached via pipe to make 100lbs... I could be wrong though. I've practiced with my 100lb Hampton plates though. I really want to come up again this year but it looks like I'm gonna have to goto the UK for 2 weeks in Feb for work and that will keep me from being able to come.

Incidium,

Last I knew we were going to use the 100's, 2 competitors at a time. Maybe it was changed though. The 100's Bob L. and I tried at Larkin's were a bear. Fairly small rim a bit like Cap plates.

To bad about your trip. It won't be the same at Larkin's without you.

Yeah Jesse, Paula and I are bummed you can't show. I'm sure you'll be back for another!

The 100's will be used. Dave is right. Dave knows quite a bit about the setup because I have been bouncing event ideas off of him, and we have gotten together a few times to try things out.

If someone can't get the 100's (they are kinda hard) I will make a lighter setup.

Incidium

What dates are you in the UK for and were abouts Mobster has a Grip get together at his on the 25th Feb and there will shurely be some big lifts done would be nice to have an American grip buddy there if you could make it i am shure Steve wont mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Stew and I will be there! Is Dave giving out handicap points so we all have a chance?

Scott - the wife and I will be staying at Stew's house and then driving up in the morning with him - looking forward to finally meeting you. See ya there!