Towels keep ripping..towel chinups

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

I have gotten to the point where i can do about 19 towel chinups in a row.  So i added 25 pounds adn started doing them the other day and the towels i was using started ripping.

I weigh about 190 so i was about 215 with the added weight.  

I was wondering what i might use instead of towels?  I have a lot of old pairs of jeans.  Do you guys think denim might be able to take the strain?  

I am open to other ideas.

Thanks

what kind of towel are you using?  i realize you don't want to use a new one for this, but an older, threadbare one will definitely be weaker.  i rolled one up and wrapped it with a few layers of duct tape and athletic tape, which put it about 2 1/2" and it's strong as ####

Another solution to your problem would be to use a heavy piece of rope. Just buy a good thick piece of rope from your local Home Depot and have them cut it to a couple of feet in length, or whatever size works best for you. Drape the rope over the pull-up bar and away you go. This method has worked great for me and it will blast your hands and forearms. You'll be able to really grip the rope hard. Hope this helps.

paul

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

Hey thanks for the advice guys.  It has been a while since i've gone shopping at home depot...hmm.   Time to reach down into my feminine side and go spend some money. ;)

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

Just thought I'd mention.  I found 2 old pairs of jeans.  (not too badly worn, just out grown so they are still strong) and I must say the denim seems to be holding quite well!!  

I did the pullups with 25 around my waist and they held tight.  Thanks again for the advice that i will try soon.  

Robby Likey :D  :D