resting between negatives

aeroman

Does anybody know how long to rest in between negatives?  If Joe Kinney is finishing a workout in 1 - 1.5 hours and doing about 30 to 50 reps with each hand then only 1 to 2 minutes are elapsing.  Does this work for everyone?

I wait 4-5 minutes, but that's just me.  I figure I'm going to get more out of a better hold being rested than a short crappy hold being tired.  Like I said, just my $0.02.......

I also like a good 4-5 minutes rest in between sets. If I rest less than that, it can really limit the amount of weight I use or how close I come to closing a gripper. I don't want an aerobic workout, I'm training for strength.

Just change hands when working negatives.  If you do your right hand first, then your left, then rest.  I do a short massage to each hand after each negative.  Then I go again.

I rest long enough that I am mentally prepared to give 100% again.

This may be a minute or less in the begining but by the 25-40th rep, it is in the 5 minute range!

I truly believe my hands recover quicker then my mind does :crazy !

Rick Walker :hehe