Talking Grip Machine On Amazon

mobsterone

I'm thinking of treating myself to one of these as a giggle and as something that can be used in a gym enviroment by others. It's on Amazon and a few other places.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AMG8...SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Label Information

This is a fun but serious device to help strengthen grip, improve motor skills of the hands and fingers, and increase circulation. It is perfect for working out at home, work, gym or while traveling. It features: Voice announcement - announces number of grips, grip force (current and accumulated) and max grip force in a pleasant femal voice. Wide compression tension - from 8.8 pounds to 199.6 pounds. Kilogram and pound - announces and displays force in kilogram and pound. Two display modes - displays total force and maximum force. Four operation modes - auto announcement of total count, total force, present force and non-talking. Convenient built-in loop lets you hang this from your choice of attachments (not included) for handy access any time you choose. Uses two AAA batteries; not included. Size: 7 inches long x 2-1/2 inches wide.

Ahh I couldn't wait - I just brought one. I'll let you know if it's any good as and when it arrives.

I own one of these. It's not a serious grip tester. You will crush it easily to the max of about 50kg (then the handle don't move further, because it's completely inside the apparatus).

I own one of these. It's not a serious grip tester. You will crush it easily to the max of about 50kg (then the handle don't move further, because it's completely inside the apparatus).

wow. that's funny. i wouldn't mind trying it out, since it is only 20 bucks for it.

According to the spec it's good for 90-kilos. Is yours the same model??

I'm prettysure I have seen this a target. Also I think I saw a post somewhere here on Gripboard that said that they aren't very acccurate especially at the higher levels.

Ahh I couldn't wait - I just brought one. I'll let you know if it's any good as and when it arrives.

i cant find it on amazon do you have a link thanks . :D

According to the spec it's good for 90-kilos. Is yours the same model??

I'm pretty sure mine is the same model. It should go to 90kg, but it doesnt. Probably I did something wrong. It's good to test weak-average people.

THANKS STEVE :) IT WILL BE GOOD TO MEASURE THUMB STRENGTH TO AND KEEP A RECORD

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

i cant find it on amazon do you have a link thanks . :D

http://www.shop.com/op/~Power_Grip_Strengt...k-prod-17071536

I actually have that same one. The label does say up to 90kg on the box, but when you open it up the directions say only 50kg. It will go up to around 53kg or so before the handle hits something solid, wont move anymore. It is pretty good for measuring your progress with thumb strength. They actually sell it at a store by my house for 10 bucks.

Hmm, handle stops there.. Better get it your first attempt on camera, because that will also be the last time you'll use it..... :yikes;)

Theo, I thought I broke it the first time I used it because I did hear what sounded like a crack.

Mobster, I plan on taking mine to our christmas party, it will be fun to test cousins, uncles and everyone else. I was also thing of setting up a contest for all the girls to see who has the strongest hands!

So how much do you get with the thumb J? Would be nice to break it with thumb strength :)

just got mine today fast shipping and well worth the money up to 90kg and mine does not bottom out what could you want for $14.95 and it counts nice and clear. if you can only count to ten this is a must :D

So how much do you get with the thumb J? Would be nice to break it with thumb strength :)

Along with my rolling thunder handle and ISG, it is under my christmas tree. I tried it out when I got it, dont remember what I got with the thumb, have to wait until Christmas!

just got mine today fast shipping and well worth the money up to 90kg and mine does not bottom out  what could you want for $14.95  and it counts nice and clear. if you can only count to ten this is a must  :D

I guess the reason mine does not go up to 90kg is because it was from the cheapo discount store.

No mate. Mine arrived today and both the blurb on the website and on the box says 90-kilos but the machine itself and the instruction paperwork says 50-kilos (it goes a little higher).

I squeeze like a nutter and could only get it to about 54.5-kilos tops. Then you try and squeeze again and it's gets lower... lower...lower. So I stopped he he. Nice toy and cheap but not 90-kilos. I may write and ask why etc.

Does it make fun of you if you have a weak grip, or compliment you if you have a strong grip, or does it just kind of tell you what the reading is. I'm sorry I read this thread too late to put that on my Xmas list, seems pretty cool, although not necessarily geared towards the grip maniacs on this board.

Just the reading. However... I was doing the voice 'you have the grip of a lady...' for laughs  :D

MAYBE... they can make one for us grip mofos!! Super-duper heavy-duty and the top peg would be something out of having a grip like King Kong!! :yikes:laugh

Just the reading. However... I was doing the voice 'you have the grip of a lady...' for laughs  :D

MAYBE... they can make one for us grip mofos!! Super-duper heavy-duty and the top peg would be something out of having a grip like King Kong!! :yikes:laugh

Yes. Then the voice (super deep) says: 'finally a master of grip crushes me, truly you are a grip god!' he he