Global Grip Challenge 2005

Jedd Johnson

The Global Grip Challenge 2005 DVD set is now complete. We will begin sending out DVD's on Wednesday of this week (Dec. 21) so the packages arrive in time for Christmas. It took longer this year because I kept adding additional camera angles. Several of the competitors sent me their footage and much of it I used for parts of this Project. It is a 4-disk set.

Several things were added to this year's Production that did not get utilized entirely in last year's Package:

- Instant Replay

- Slow Motion Replay

- Diesel Sky Cam

- Multiple Camera Angles Playing Simultaneously

- Commentary Review

- On-Disk Imagery

- Interviews (feat. athletes that traveled some of the long distances to GGC)

Also, exclusive to this DVD, you will see the Invite Video, featuring clips from GGC 2004, the Awards Ceremony, featuring the Lifetime Achievement Award given to Richard Sorin, and feats of strength performed by Pat Povilaitis, Steve Wiener, and Dave Lemanczyk.

Paypal can be used for quickest payment to smithjs2@corning.com. We will also accept Personal Checks. Price is $60 which will include postage and insurance. Please do not send Money Orders. If sending a check, our mailing address is PO Box 806 Wyalusing PA 18853. Please make the check out to me (Jedd Johnson).

Many thanks for all your support this year, everyone. We have received a lot of PM's and emails wondering when the sets would be done. We really wanted to make something you could be glad to have and something we could be proud of putting out. We ran into some production snags, but have been able to iron them out with patience.

Thanks again, and if you have any questions, let us know.

-Jedd-

Price is $60 which will include postage and insurance.

Is it available to the UK? And if so, how much would it be? I'm tginking of the extra postage.

• 3 weeks later...

This is to all that do not own the GGC DVD set. Let me tell you brother...Man what an Awesome DVD set :rock Jedd and Smitty really put some time and creativity into this DVD set. They put so much extra flavor into it and jazzed it up...man I thought I was watching it LIVE on ESPN :rock I watched all four DVD's one after the other...and stopped and hit rewind I cannot count the times. Way to go Jedd and Smitty :rock

Even if you did not compete or go to watch...you need to get this DVD set...and let me tell you it will be money well spent :rock

See you all again at Worlds sooner than we think...huh? :D

All the hard work goes to Jedd, he did all the editing of all the footage for the DVD set - and it was a huge undertaking.

I am sure he will really appreciate your great words Chad - thanks...

All I did was the DVD covers :)

All I did was the DVD covers

Yeah...and you ran the entire contest :whistel You did just a tiny bit more than the covers :tongue

BTW...the covers get huge props too :rock

Chad,

I really appreciate this feedback. Means a lot bro.

-Jedd-

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've had mine a week or two now and finally got feeling good enough to watch the entire thing - lot of footage in there - 4 full tapes worth. It brought back a lot of good memories, and reminded me of how strong so many of these guys were and are. Jedd did a heck of a job with all the editing - wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff - even a little bit. It's a must have is you were there and pretty darn good even if you weren't but love the grip strength stuff. He even managed to make me look good - so all you guys should buy one just for that :rolleyes

Hey bro - it wasn't me that made you look good, believe me. It was all you. You did excellent.

Thanks for the kind words. I was a lot of fun developing the set.

Climber mentions something very important: this is a 4-disk set, but it isn't because all 10 hours of footage are on there. Actually the way these disks work, you can only put about 45 to 50 minutes of footage onto the disk and still have good quality video and at the same time be able to include nifty images and buttons and transitions and all that jazz. So, really, you're only looking at about 4 hours of footage, or so across the entire set. That is the reason the contents are broken up how they are on the DVD.

Thanks again,

-Jedd-

• 1 month later...

I received it yesturday and watched just about all of it lastnite (I'll be watching again tonight as well).

awsome guys, that is some cool stuff, I love the "did you know" stuff on there, and all the commentary replays!!!

it certainly brought back that day.