3. Stan Hunter 2 ---------- 260 ---------52 ----------156 -------- 42.5

4. Jeremy Paul Smith 3-----------205 --------- 52 -----------131 ----------35

5. Tom Ricci ez 3 --------255 ------- 44.5 ---------151 ---------32.5

6. John Whiteson 1 ----------185 ---------52 ----------- 106 --------25

7. Dan Pare 1-----------195-----------32 --------- 96 ---------35

8. Ross Martin 2 ----------185 ---------42 --------- 106 --------- ----

9. Mike Zylinski 2----------185 --------- 52 --------- 106 -------- ----

10. Gabe Palleschi 1-----------165 ---------- 27 --------- 96 ------- 25

I think we did well and had a great show, a lot of new guys making great lifts, Tom's cookies went over real well. Having Kayem here for a litttle braughtworst intermission was a huge bonus.

Also would like to thank who ever appraoched Julie about being a donor for Billy, I know that two of you did but I do not know who you are, But thank you so much, if we can get the word out about what he needs and possible save his life it would be great. Thanks for every ones help.

Edited by davetps

IT WAS A GREAT CONTEST. DAVE MURPH AND ALL THE GUYS AT TPS PUT ON A REAL CLASS EVENT FOR A GOOD CAUSE. IT WAS GREAT TO MEET EVERYONE FROM THE BOARD.

I THINK ITS GREAT THE WAY THIS SPORT IS GROWING AND ITS GOOD TO SEE THE SUPPORT AND RESPECT THAT ALL THE COMPETITORS SHOWED EACH OTHER. WE GOT SOME YOUNG STRONG GUYS COMING UP IN THE NEW ENGLAND AREA. MANY OF THESE GUYS HAD NEVER TRIED SOME OF THESE LIFTS AND STILL MANAGED TO PUT UP SOME STRONG NUMBERS.

ON A SIDE NOTE I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MOTHER NATURE FOR HER SUPPORT.

ITS TO BAD THE DIESEL CREW COULDN'T MAKE IT. I DON'T KNOW IF THAT BOX OF GOODIES WOULD BE SITTING IN MY BASEMENT IF THEY HAD SHOWN. THEY ARE A GOOD BUNCH OF GUYS AND I HOPE TO SEE THEM NEXT YEAR.

JEDD WAS THERE IN SPIRIT. IF I MISSED A LIFT I COULD HEAR DAVE YELLING OVER THE CROWD "COME ON MAN LIFT IT! LIFT IT! JEDD WOULD LIFT IT!" GOOD STUFF.

RON (AKA DUDE) IS A SICK BENDER AND HE TAUGHT ME HOW TO OVERHAND AFTER THE EVENT. HE PROBABLY SAVED MY WRISTS FROM FUTURE TENDONITIS FROM UNDERHAND BENDING SO MUCH THANKS TO HIM.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE.

BRUNO

OH DAVE/MURPH. HOW DO I HOOK THESE BANDS UP TO MY GRIPPERS?

Thanks to TPS for running a great contest for a great cause. I wish I could have stuck around to talk with everyone afterwards but I was already late for work. Anyway, now I'm really hooked and I'll see you guys at other events!

Stan

Great show guys. Dave and Murph always run a top-notch event.

Bruno - great job. I had a feeling you would finish at the top

Bruno, Ron Wright, and Stan Hunter, please PM me in regards to prizes. Diesel was a sponsor of the contest, and we will be sending the prizes through the mail

Great job again.

-Jedd-

Great contest for sure. Lots of good competitors there with some balls. Tom, Bruno, Stan, Jeremy, Mark, and all the rest showed some heart. There was only a 30 second attemp rule but I guarantee people would'nt have stopped if it was a 5 minutes instead. People went all out for the whole duration.

Tom on the double rolling thunder was motivating. He had it within inches his 1st try and I figured he had no gas left in the tank to pull it back up there (like I always run out, lol) but he came back with 4-5 more attempts that were within inches of locking out, you could feel the excitement because he was so damn close.

Bruno went for 55lbs I think in his final attempt on then hub lift and had it moving but slipped off and was smacking his knuckles off the edge of the hub yet never stopped making attempts which was awesome. I remember thinking "damn, I can hear his knuckles punching it from here, thats gotta hurt" but he kept going for it, awesome stuff.

It was good to see a close competition, made it so much fun. Just wish there were some better people there to give Bruno a closer run for his money. He was far ahead of all of us.

The numbers above were the sucessful lifts but the final weights in which people attempted but failed by inches were much higher. Bruno had 310+vbar within a few inches to lockout but didnt get it. I almost had 260 and Tom was the same with 270 or 280 I cant remember. Pulling it to lockout was way harder than just getting some air under it, found that out quick. Many of the other events people just missed by a hair.

First time doing the calling weight thing. I think I only changed my mind before each attempt like 5 times, haha.

Can't wait for next year and hopefully I'll be able to make another in the meantime if its close. Maybe even go to the GGC and watch the big timers compete.

You guys made my first show alot less stressful it was great competing with you.

What are the Gripboard handles of the competitors at this contest that are members here?

-Jedd-

What are the Gripboard handles of the competitors at this contest that are members here?

-Jedd-

Bruno is BRUNO.

Ron is DUDE.

Stan posted in this thread.

Jeremy is Soilworker.

Tom Ricci is.......Tom Ricci

I don't know about John and Dan.

Ross posted in this thread.

Mike is Z-Man.

Gabe says he is not a member.

I don't know about Jane. She registered as "bad apple" elsewhere.

Jedd i'm diggin the 2 new Diesel Crew videos.

Great job guys. I had planned to compete but school has interfered severely with grip training, lifting, the whole nine yards this semester. So far, next semester is looking more normal so hopefully I can get back into it and actually show up at some New England events.

Congrats.

Great job guys. I had planned to compete but school has interfered severely with grip training, lifting, the whole nine yards this semester. So far, next semester is looking more normal so hopefully I can get back into it and actually show up at some New England events.

Congrats.

Good to know that you are ok John. I thought you got hit by a car or something.

Congrats.

Good to know that you are ok John. I thought you got hit by a car or something.

Still kicking. :D

Here are a few pics my friend took:

http://www.xenware.com/srhunter/grip/tps_contest.htm

Sorry shots didn't come out of everyone.

(A high speed connection will be helpful, since I just put all the pictures on one page and I didn't mess with compression settings much.)

Edited by steelbiceps

Stan, Great pics, thanks for posting them! Congrats again on your finish, it was good to meet you. Keep training hard and see you around.

I had a wonderful time and learned a lot-- thanks to everyone who offered suggestions to me and the other beginners. Although I liked getting all the prizes by default, it would be more fun if more women would compete next time!

As you attend holiday parties over the next few weeks, I hope everyone who reads this board will spread the word to their friends who might be able to be living donors. Billy needs one lung lobe (you have five of them) from each of two people who are healthy nonsmokers, at least 5'7", with blood type AB. Great chance to do something truly good, and you could expect a complete recovery. How often do you get a chance to save someone's life? The contact information on the flyer for the person at MGH is incorrect but the family could put you in touch with the right person. Julie Whitson (I think she's Billy's cousin) can be reached at 617-721-9794 or JulieWhitson@rcn.com, and the web site where people can learn more is www.nicelungs.com.

Jane "Bad Apple" Stabile (from TPS)

I laughed so hard at the pic of me; I am making the weirdest face on the RT lift. Stan's RT was awesome.

Jane, I tried so hard to get my girlfriend to compete, but she said it was all macho guys and stuff like that in the comps. She changed her mind when she saw what you were doing. Now she actually admits that she likes all this stuff. Thanks!

Hey guys!

We had another sponser for the contest, Pro Power, their sponsor stuff showed up late, So I have a protien shaker cup and colloidal mineral power, which is a great liquid vitamin and mineral. There is one here for every competitor. So if you guys want come and get it.

I laughed so hard at the pic of me; I am making the weirdest face on the RT lift. Stan's RT was awesome.

Jane, I tried so hard to get my girlfriend to compete, but she said it was all macho guys and stuff like that in the comps. She changed her mind when she saw what you were doing. Now she actually admits that she likes all this stuff. Thanks!

SOILWORKER

FROM WHAT I HEARD HER SAY IT SOULDED LIKE SHE HAD SOME SKILLS. THATS COOL THAT SHE WAS INTO IT. MY GIRL THINKS IM JUST A NUT. (well????????????? she may be right...)

BRUNO