Fbbc Rating

Muscle Turtle

I remember reading somewhere that FBBC in comparison to reds is like a 1/2 inch difference. As in a 6 inch red is like a 6.5 FBBC.... well wowzers, I got my FBBC stock and I attempted a 6.5 today and I couldnt even kink it.... I also remeber seeing something about there being a 5% difference, no way!!!!

I doubt I got a mutant peice of steel, but the FBBC stuff is no where close to a red. I moved a 5 inch Red past 90 and couldnt even kink a 6.5 FBBC, is there something odd about that? also, I am better on long peices, not short...

anyone have an answer for my frustration?

I kinda agree with ya. I think its more than 5% harder. But the fact that youve gotten a 5" red past 90 and couldn't kink a 6.5" FBBC makes me think maybe it was a mutant piece of steel.

It is definitely more than 5%. It is a great difference in stock, from what I have experienced. From the sounds of it MT, you have the same strength of stock as I got, as the differences between IM and FBBC sound eerily similar.

Reds vary, as do FBBC bars, as does most all types. I was doing 6.25" "shiny" Reds at the time it took everything I had to do the 7" Bastard. But also, I've found "dull" Reds that feel to be only 5% easier than some of the FBBC stock, as was the case when I calibrated the two bars. Bending is far from an exact science.

I've noticed 2 types of steel in the FBBC stock. The old stuff I 1st got was a duller darker stock & it isn't as smooth. Found 4-5 pieces of it at the bottom of my stock pile recently. It seems harder, as I tried the 6" on the old stuff & did the 6.5". I also noticed when I'm cutting it, it cuts slower. The shiny stuff is a bit easier. Still insanely hard, but easier than the old dark stuff.

The rumors about me performing dark magic over the steel to make it harder is totally unfounded.

From reds to FBBC is about %5 or a little less. thats what it feels like to me. But steel varies to. :)

I find it odd that you got the 5inch red past 90. but couldnt kink the 6.5 inch fbbc. I would be willingly to say that it might have been an off day, or something to those lines. I would say wait untill you are feeling good, and then go after it. It shouldnt be that much of a problem.

The FBBC stock that Deaner and I certied on is tough man. I did it first and then bent: 6.5" Red, 6" Red failed, and then another 6" Red that is the one in the video, all in the same day and I will tell you that the 7" FBBC was right there with the 6" Red I finished on the video. When I was bending it I was punching myself in the face to keep from showing my fear of not being able to kink that SOB!

-Sean

There is a noticable difference in the Yellows that I have and the 7"x¼" FBBC stuff. I know that those are an easy nail but you can still feel the difference and tell the difference in time it takes to bend.

I am not at the Red or even close level.

But at the BBB I bent some of the Blue-equivalent stuff (1/4"X6") and it didn't feel any harder than the Ironmind stock. Could have been the adrenaline though.

Then I bent a 5.5" Grade 5 and it was definitely on the easier side of some Grade 5s I've bent. The Grade 5s at the BBB were the Triangle (marked on the head) brand. I have found those to be very easy compared to the Diamond (marked on the head) brand that I also have a bunch of.

I do believe you guys about the 5/16" stock though. And I've heard from more than a few that the 1/4" stock was harder too. Must have been the crowd (for me).