need help from you guys

Guest hands4god

Guest hands4god

i can now close the #2 and just found out i can pinch grip 2 25 lb plates. also i was able to curl a 25lb plate 2 times in my rite hand but not my left. so i think im  getting there. what i would like to know from someone is what excersise will give me a wrist as strong as a bar of steel?! i want strooooong wrists!  any input would help!   thanx

Guest Youngguy

Hi, I think I can help.

Just keep your reps low to 5 and sets to max. Meaning do five reps and then try as many sets as you can. Most important is to fully recover.

Do curls too.

When you do forearm curls open your hand when letting down on the bar. Let the bar rest on your hand to were the bar is no longer touching your palm. Then bring the bar back up to a full curl.

If you got any question about my advice or anything let me know.

Guest hands4god

thanx alot friend i will try that. i was wondering, could you give me a total wrist program to get strength all around in the wrists?

Guest Youngguy

Yea, I got the side to side workout to help you. What you could do is get a mop stick. Cut it in half, and attatch a weight to the end. I prefure a 5-pound weight. Dumbells or weight plates will do. Mine has a 5-pound dumbell on it. I fasten it with tie-straps.

Now depending on your strength place your hand on a place of the mop stick that will give you a challage. Place the mop stick in front of you with the weight of the side of your foot with the mop holder facing up. Lift up using all your wrist strength, keeping your wrist straight at all times. Lift to were your hand is far above your head. Do this exersise in a curl fashion, all your doing is adding a raise above the head while doing a curl with your wrist. Do this for about 5-reps and many sets.

Now to make it simple you dont have to make this tool at all, you could just buy a slege hammer. I dont think they make them that light though. I like using the mop cuz i could add weights, but u could probly do that with a slege hammer too im not sure.

That is one the most effective wrist workouts I know. What is good about this workout is that it also works your grip really good too.

If you need more tips you could visit ironmind's web site and check up on Brookfields grip tips and there you would find most of the tips you need to devolp great wrist and grip strength.

Anymore question feel free to shoot.

Guest Youngguy

And

I dont know of any program I could give. I just work-out my wrist like once a weak. I do varies wrist curls, and maybe bend a few nails Thats probly it. The thing about bending nails is high risk for enjury. If that is why your strengthing your wrist you could also try or if already done, bend some 20-penny nails.

This is what works for me so please if something goes wrong i dont want to hated for it. :blush

Youngguy

Why haven't you been posting for the last few months?  Glad to see you are back in the swing of things and sharing your extensive knowledge again. It's good to see you haven't lost any of your old finesse!

Your comments make for very enjoyable reading - keep up the good work.