big muscle,weak grip!

Guest hands4god

I have to agree with the grippers carrying over to other things.  Today in the weightroom i saw a kid who has the strongest legs of any of us fail on a powerclean of 185 because he just couldnt hold on anymore.  I on the other hand even though im not normally as strong as this guy, was able to get 10 reps at the same weight and i think its because i train my grip.  I dont have any of the CoC grippers, mostly because i dont have the money at the moment, but i do train my grip with cheap grippers and some of the more ingenious workouts i have seen on here.  So while maybe its true that the grippers dont help with everything, if they can help you hold on to a bar better, then im all for them. (if anyone was planning on heckling me for the small clean, just know that im only 16 and i did do it 10 times after all).