• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sybersnott

• ruffhans

• StalwartSentinel

• Soilworker

with all the new #4 crushers and probably more to come has anyone heard about I.M making a tougher gripper? i should email Strosan and ask him.

What "all the new #4 crushers"?

Last one to certify was in 2004 with the old IM rules.

that list of people, from what i understand, closed the #4 under the rules of certification before the credit card rule was put in place. what oldtime is saying is that nobody can CCS a #4. doing a MMS with the 4 is an absolutely incredible feat though, i know squeezing my #4 is like squeezing a rock.

nobody can close a brand new #4 out of the package with a set either. They made them beastly.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "all the new #4 closers". I can count the # of documented closes from non-Ironmind certed individuals on one had. Like everyone said, since no one can do it with the new rules, there is no need of a gripper that is even moderately harder. A #5 would be somewhere around a .34 spring probably. Plus if it did happen the spreads would be like 3 ¼".

with all the new #4 crushers and probably more to come has anyone heard about I.M making a tougher gripper? i should email Strosan and ask him.

Acting like a newbie! :blush You should know better.... :unsure

Acting like a newbie! :blush You should know better.... :unsure

That's a legit question. Quit picking on the newbies. :angry: HG just announced the 350. Maybe someday IM will make a #5... 450 pounds? Not to cert on, maybe just to squeeze. It's not all about certs. It's about getting stronger. Why did BB make the Galaxy? NOBODY on any board will ever "cert" on it, but they might get it closed with a MM set. To me, just getting the gripper closed, even with a MM set, is OK in my books! :D

IM would be much better off to try and offer something like a 3.5 than a #5. No one is closing new 4's with the CC set, so a between step would be better than 3 steps ahead, IMO.

Is anybody even training to CCS a #4(people that can close it with MMS already)? Clay was for awhile but then he got into strongman. He was the only one I heard of even giving it a serious thought

That's a legit question.  Quit picking on the newbies. :angry:

Uh, no... it is NOT a legit question since it's been asked on this forum dozens of times!! :dry

HG just announced the 350.
What does that have to do with IM building a #5?? :mellow
Maybe someday IM will make a #5... 450 pounds?

Oh, please stop this silly silly wishing! :angry: How many people have certed on the #4? Thank you... you just answered my question. THERE IS NO DEMAND AND WILL NEVER BE A DEMAND FOR A #5 GRIPPER!

Not to cert on, maybe just to squeeze.  It's not all about certs.  It's about getting stronger.  Why did BB make the Galaxy?  NOBODY on any board will ever "cert" on it, but they might get it closed with a MM set.

So in other words, it would be a fancy paperweight, right? Listen, I have folks who tell me that they can't understand why they should get a #2 gripper! What do you think they'll do when it comes to a gripper that they have no way in hell of even moving???

End of discussion. Let's move on...........

IM would be much better off to try and offer something like a 3.5 than a #5.  No one is closing new 4's with the CC set, so a between step would be better than 3 steps ahead, IMO.

Exactly, Heath. The stronger the gripper, the less in demand it is and the fewer of them IronMind sells. They sell 1,000's more Trainers than they do #4's, just ask Dr. Strossen himself - he'll tell you.

Uh, no... it is NOT a legit question since it's been asked on this forum dozens of times!! :dry

Oh, please stop this silly silly wishing! :angry: How many people have certed on the #4? Thank you... you just answered my question. THERE IS NO DEMAND AND WILL NEVER BE A DEMAND FOR A #5 GRIPPER!

Not to cert on, maybe just to squeeze.  It's not all about certs.  It's about getting stronger.  Why did BB make the Galaxy?  NOBODY on any board will ever "cert" on it, but they might get it closed with a MM set.
So in other words, it would be a fancy paperweight, right? Listen, I have folks who tell me that they can't understand why they should get a #2 gripper! What do you think they'll do when it comes to a gripper that they have no way in hell of even moving???

I knew I would get a "level-headed" and "mature" response to this. :rolleyes

No problem. Level-headed and mature... that's me!! :D:laugh

Is anybody even training to CCS a #4(people that can close it with MMS already)?  Clay was for awhile but then he got into strongman.  He was the only one I heard of even giving it a serious thought

What about Patrick Gansel? I thought he was but I could be wrong, it's not like he goes around braying about it!

No problem. Level-headed and mature... that's me!! :D:laugh

It's all good. :D I think a #5 would be cool to have. IM makes a quality product and once I can MM set a #4, I would like to have a #5. I only mentioned the HG350, because people are getting stronger and like HG, IM may someday make a #5 because people are getting stronger. I do think the CCS rule is a bit silly and It will make certing on the #4, next to impossible for most, if not all. Time will tell. I guess it really depends on if the population is going after certs, or strength? :whistel

Edited by StalwartSentinel

a number 5?

I think a #5 is a legit question. I mean, part of KTA is to use the next level of gripper isn't it? A #5 could help with that.

I'm not arguing that IM wouldn't sell many. I agree with that, I'm just saying it could be put to work.

Sure, they could try to have certs on it, not that anyone would be able to do it in the near future. That won't stop newbies from buying 1-5 and a bunch of tugs when they start.

I agree with you guys that a 3.5 would be more useful, but most people would tell you that no grippers are useful.

It's all good. :D

Yep! :D

I think a #5 would be cool to have.  IM makes a quality product and once I can MM set a #4, I would like to have a #5.
It would be cool to have, but honestly - what could you do with it? I have a #4 that I can't even BUDGE.
I only mentioned the HG350, because people are getting stronger and like HG, IM may someday make a #5 because people are getting stronger.

They made the HG350 because it seemed like a good idea to step up the progression. Some guys can close the HG300 with ease (I am one of those), I'm thinking that Heavy Grips decided that there is a market for a stronger gripper than the HG300. And there is a difference between a gripper that's POSSIBLE and one that's totally IMPOSSIBLE (like an IM #5).

Guys like Joe Kinney, Dave Morton and Clay are the true 1% of the grip world as we know it.

I do think the CCS rule is a bit silly and It will make certing on the #4, next to impossible for most, if not all.
It makes it impossible for most ON THE #3, let alone the #4. Strossen told me that he should have made the rule change long before he did.
Time will tell.  I guess it really depends on if the population is going after certs, or strength?

The population as a whole could care less, IMO. It's guys like us on this forum that talk about and wonder what companies like IronMind are going to do next.

nobody can close a brand new #4 out of the package with a set either. They made them beastly.

in Magnus Samuellson's movie the strongest arms he does it with 3 fingers, but yes they are very beastly

It would be cool to have, but honestly - what could you do with it?  I have a #4 that I can't even BUDGE.

I would work on closing the #5. You are basing all of this, on what YOU are able to do.

They made the HG350 because it seemed like a good idea to step up the progression.  Some guys can close the HG300 with ease (I am one of those), I'm thinking that Heavy Grips decided that there is a market for a stronger gripper than the HG300.  And there is a difference between a gripper that's POSSIBLE and one that's totally IMPOSSIBLE (like an IM #5).

Someday the #5 will be demanded by some. Those who can MMS a #4.

It makes it impossible for most ON THE #3, let alone the #4.  Strossen told me that he should have made the rule change long before he did.

I agree. The CCS, should have been from day one, not implemented part way through.

The population as a whole could care less, IMO.  It's guys like us on this forum that talk about and wonder what companies like IronMind are going to do next.

By population, I meant us.

John, who did something in your oatmeal this morning? These are friendly forums! :)