Sledge Hammer Pr's Dan Be Danger!

StalwartSentinel

Just a heads up for those new sledge hammer leverers, that may do a "newb" thing like me. In gaining a new front lever PR @ 27" on my 12 pounder, I also discovered where the top of my foot was. I wasn't used to the hammer being 1 inch longer therefore, 1 inch closer to my foot! :cry I JUST grazed the bone behind the second toe. Took a bit of skin off, bled a bit and is starting to bruise in a triangle shape. Take caution... train for new sledge PR's in boots! :blush

Just a heads up for those new sledge hammer leverers, that may do a "newb" thing like me.  In gaining a new front lever PR @ 27" on my 12 pounder, I also discovered where the top of my foot was.  I wasn't used to the hammer being 1 inch longer therefore, 1 inch closer to my foot! :cry  I JUST grazed the bone behind the second toe.  Took a bit of skin off, bled a bit and is starting to bruise in a triangle shape.  Take caution... train for new sledge PR's in boots! :blush

is the sledge hammer ok?? :D

my toe nail just came off recently cuz a 45lb plate tipped and fell on my toe, while wearing socks and standing on cement floor. pic in gallery.

i still dont wear boots or shoes while lifting or gripping :) im hardcore

At least you didn't do what my wife has done twice now. She is once again completly losing a toenail to her running skills. She has a bad habit of trying to stop her body, during a dead sprint, by jamming her toe into the ground. Suprisingly it hurt. Now the toenail is leaving in protest.

by the way she is reading as I type and laughing her ass off.