York Dumbbells

mikebuck

I heard rumors about York bringing back the round cast dumbbells and chaecked it out. Here is the response I got.

Hi, Mike - thanks for the e-mail. Rumors are correct!!!! Not only is York reintroducing the previously discontinued black solid round professional dumbbells, but we're bringing back to the market the Olympic Standard Plate, machined to +/- 1% tolerance. We're calling them the "Legacy" Series, and they will be available in January of 2006.

Don't know what "blobs" are - could you enlighten me?

If you're interested in making a purchase, let me know and I'll get you some super pricing!

Allison Foreman

Midwest Regional Sales Manager

YORK Barbell

(614) 785-9266 Ohio office

(614) 785-9322 Ohio fax

(614) 419-2841 cell

allisonforeman@aol.com

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• Soilworker

• climber511

• DAN PRAYDIS

I talked to a York dealer in New Hampshire and he said he could get them for me at something like $2.15 per pound. Heard anything about the "super pricing" he was talking about?

-CHRIS

I ALSO TALKED TO A REP FROM YORK AND THE PRICE PER POUND WILL BE $.80 CENTS A POUND .

I talked to a York dealer in New Hampshire and he said he could get them for me at something like $2.15 per pound.  Heard anything about the "super pricing" he was talking about?

-CHRIS

Figures. People from New Hampshire don't really know how to count well. They are all farmers who shoot crows from their porches.

That's awsome ! Now I wont feel guilty destroying antique bells (Which I have refused to do !)

I can't wait. I will soon own a blob! And some cool dumbells!

I just hope I can find a supplier here in DFW.

Man, too bad they weren't coming out this month, something would definitely be bumped from the Christmas list.

I wonder if there is a way to use the board name and maybe a group order to get a bigger discount.

Dan - is the price on the Olympic Standard plates $.80 as well? I have a set of the older York Olympic Standard plates now and really like them, their weights are much closer than my cheaper ones - I'd like to have a couple more pair of 45s and 25s.

If I can get ahold of those without shipping them, I'd gladly pay $20 for a 25lb blob and $24 for 30lb blob. I'm sure finding someone to buy the other halves of the dumbells wouldn't be hard.

Dan - is the price on the Olympic Standard plates $.80 as well?  I have a set of the older York Olympic Standard plates now and really like them, their weights are much closer than my cheaper ones - I'd like to have a couple more pair of 45s and 25s.

I DID NOT KNOW AT THE TIME ABOUT THE OTHER PLATES CLIMBER BUT THEY USE TO SELL THEM ALL AT THE YORK OUTLET STORE FOR THE SAME PRICE .

I just found out the dumbbells will be going up to 150#! I am not sure they know what they have done to our little world.

I know I would like to have 3 of each of the dumbbells, I am sure that would set me back some.

Isn't USPS flat rate shipping up to 50lbs for $7.70?

If this comes true, I am sure there might be some members in a great position to help other members with blobs if a dealer is near them?

Bill - the Prepaid flat rate priority mail boxes ship for $7.70. The only real stipulation is that the item must fit in the box. All Blobs (at least the ones so far) fit easily into the boxes, but the whole DB does not. A half of a 150# er would be over weight but all the rest should make it. Sounds like good times coming for the Gripmiesters!

You need to tape the crap out of those flat rate boxes too. The post office has free tape for priority mail. Use as much as you can. Also pad the inside of the box with plastic bags. A blob in an empty flat rate box will break right through the side.

Bill - the Prepaid flat rate priority mail boxes ship for $7.70.  The only real stipulation is that the item must fit in the box.  All Blobs (at least the ones so far) fit easily into the boxes, but the whole DB does not.  A half of a 150# er would be over weight but all the rest should make it.  Sounds like good times coming for the Gripmiesters!

That's where a friend might cut it for you first. ;)

The USPS flate rate goes up to either 70lbs or 75lbs, not 50lbs, so those really huge "Blobs" might be doable. Size would be the only problem, but the PO actually has boxes of almost any size, just not always at a particular PO. I usually ask around the tri-town area where I live and find the right ones.

Definitely go psycho on the tape for the box. I usually just use almost a whole roll of that cheap $1.30 clear stuff. If you have access to some strapping tape (the kind with threads in it) throw some of that around the sides too. I wonder if the people I sold my Yorks to had fun opening the boxes...........