Blue And White Together

Jeff Parker

I was thinking of trying a blue taped to a white nail this afternoon in my bending workout. Is the white nail going to make it much harder? I have been in between the blue and the red nail for a while now and am just looking for experimenting with in betweens. I have used a blue nail cut down one inch which made it much more difficult, but I had to change my bending stlye so much to do the shorter bend that I dont think it will be all that benificual towards my red bend. Also, how about 2 yellows together? Anyne try that?

I've never bent the IM nails taped together, but based on my experience of bending 60D nails taped together I would think two yellows would be close to a Red, maybe a bit easier. A blue and a white might be just a little easier than the two yellows. Two blues would probably be a bit tougher than a Red.

I know my average strength 60D nails taped together feel like a 6" Red. I found the Blues to be on par with a weak 60D nail.

I think that buying 60d's and grade 5 and 8 bolts will be much more beneficial to you than taping IM nails together.

60d's are very cheap and very effective.

I was about to post asking the strength of 2 60ds, I'd guess 6" red is close cuz I've kinked both to about the same point. 2 yellows is easier than a red, more like a 5/16" x 7" HRS. My 2 attempts at 60ds have resulted in one kinked at center and the other off center, I'm thinking of trying some with the head cut off. I would guess a blue + a white to be close to a grade 5, 1/4" x 6".

I taped together three 6"x3/16" bars and it was surprisingly very hard, I havent even bent them fully yet because the bar in the middle is not in a good position for me to exert force on it. The two on the outside have bent slightly but as of now I havent been able to squeeze them into the middle on to bend them fully all at the same time.

I am able to bend two nails of the same size taped together very fast so i supposed it would be easier than it is, but i want to keep fighting to get this one before i tape them together again in a different position.

Also, I personally think that the white nail will not add very much resistance to the blue if taped together.