A Little Experimentation

EricMilfeld

I bought some 8" big grade 5 bolts today. I video taped my first ever attempt with one cut down to 7.5" (total length closer to 7 5/8", due to bolts being measured from the head's bottom), and found it to be relatively easy. But an uncut 8" was a different story. I finally got it as well, but boy did I have a forearm pump. Very awkward length! So I'd say my sweet spot is at about 7.5". Also, I've coerced Frankboy to add a cert here on the board for the 7.5", so once another workout buddy shows up at my garage I'll certify. And then it's back to trying to get the 7" (Edgin) done in a timely manner. The most impressive part of the video is my bulging muscles. I always knew I should have been a bodybuilder.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3531

Thanks, Oldtime!

By the way, I've found these 7" and 8" big grd 5 bolts to be rather difficult to locate, so if any of you guys destroying shorty Reds would care for a few complimentary bolts, shoot me a PM.

Eric,

Thanks for the video man. I have learned a lot from watching that great bend. :bow As I have stated before I have horrible form and attribute any success to brute strength and ignorance, a lot of ignorance...Great bend man, always an inspiration.

Thanks again,

Sean

Very strong. Hard to imagine bending something like that. A red feels like a brick to me.

Eric you never cease to amaze me buddy. I love the way you are always pushing yourself to greater heights or should I say shorter bends.

You and a deep water diver have one thing in common, you both eventually get the "Bends" :laugh

I want to get my diver's license maybe it will help me get my "Bends" :tongue

GATOR

Finally could watch the video.

Nice bending there Eric.

You indeed shouldn't be far away from bending the 7" version.