One Hand Lift Rules

Bob Lipinski

Dave- Here is what I have. General considerations (only chalk, # of attempts, etc. are listed elsewhere):

------------------------

1. The bar may be raised either in front of the lifter or the lifter may straddle the bar.

2. The lifter will use one hand to grip the bar in the centre.

3. The free hand may be used to brace against the legs and/or body during the lift.

4. The bar must be raised to a point where both ends of the bar must remain knee high and the legs straightened.

5. The implement must be lowered under control after the lift is completed.

-------------------------

One question- What is the lifting distance of the v-bar lift? I have the handle, just need to know how it is attached to the bar so I can get the same distance lift.

Bob,

The rules you stated are for the Thumbless One Hand Deadlift with an Olympic Bar and were used at the recent Champion of Champions comp. There is a pause when the bar is above the knees to see if you have it under control before the ref gives the 'down' signal.

------------------------

1. The bar may be raised either in front of the lifter or the lifter may straddle the bar.

2. The lifter will use one hand to grip the bar in the centre.

3. The free hand may be used to brace against the legs and/or body during the lift.

4. The bar must be raised to a point where both ends of the bar must remain knee high and the legs straightened.

5. The implement must be lowered under control after the lift is completed.

-------------------------

For the One Hand Lift using the 'handle'. This weight has to be lifted 2" just like the v-bar. The handle is attached to a long strong bar or to a loading bing by a chain and carabiner. Competitors will adjust the carabiner for their height. Check out the Euro 04 and 05 photos in the gallery.

David

Thanks Dave, I did not read the event description under those rules, just made an incorrect assumption.