Meet Up With A Fellow Bender Today

EricMilfeld

Jason (com202) was kind enough to make the 130 mile trip down from Oklahoma today for some grippin'. It was a true privilege to meet such a great guy (and strong). Jason found his bending groove today as he did his first ever grade 5, and then followed it up with a 5 1/2" version (both of which were Gripboard certs)!. We worked out for atleast half the day, doing spikes, narrow and wide pinching, thick bar, v-bar, hub lifting, grippers, cards, hammers, and I think that's it. I tried some bending but failed at all my PR attempts and finally had to settle with a 5/16 x 6.5" FBBC hexagonal bar. We followed it up with some video viewing. Wow! Big Steve's, Hammer Man's, and Pat and Dennis's videos are great!!!!!!!!!

What a day, I'm surprised I'm still awake and able to type this. The 130 mile trip was well worth it. I killed my bending PR twice today thanks to Eric. Got to try the 2 hand pinch, the V-bar and thick bar today, all for the first time, no record setting weights but I was impressed. I am now addicted to all of them, lots of fun. I shut Erics filed #2, got the #3 to 1/4" if I recall correctly, and Levered a 12# hammer.

All of which I have never done before.

An absolute amazing day. It started about 12:00 noon and ended about 5 or 6:00p.

Eric might not have set a new PR today, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. That man is unbelievable strong and he is a great friend. I felt like I won the Lottery when I left his house.

I can't wait for the next trip.

Later, Jason