My 60 Min Rep Test

king crusher

i said id do a test of reps today...its done.

first off,i did not do as many reps as i guessed...they get ya'

i did a set of reps every 2 minutes.

after the first 30 min i tried to rest 5 min but found i only gained 2 reps waiting over twice as long...weird,so i only rested 5 min once...then went back to just two min rest.

now i did a set every 2 min up to 50 minutes....then a customer came in(im at work) so i had to stop.....fast forward 20 min....i did 10 more min of gripping to complete my hour....hence the bigger numbers on the last five sets.

i wrote all my reps......and timed the 2 min very accurately.

during this test i got a huge blister about 35 min in....it popped shortly after lol.

first 30 min or so reps were easily controlled to exactly paralle....about 3/4 inch

after the first 30 the reps actually widened to about 1 inch...harder to hold the gripper to parallel...some reps opened to almost 1.5 inches belive it or not.

heres the reps.....

this is the 30 min mark

23...here is were i rested 5 min

13...back to 2min

here is 50 minutes.

20 min rest....customers...dammit!

so there it is.....627 reps of the coc #1 in 60 minutes. ALL 3/4-1.5 inches.

my forearm felt like a rock...and vains coming out like crazy!

so,less then i thought....but i had nothing to base it on really.

fun,fun,fun...

maybe for you soil lol but i know i will blow 600 away. no doubt about it.

i did over 200 reps of the 2 in about 20-25 min....and the one feels like a sporting goods plastic gripper next to my 2.

ill get over 600 in 30 min

:mellow

soil, i know i did not blow the 600 away but i got more then 600.

i guessed over 1000 in 60 min.....thats why they call it a guess....i had nothing to base it on....ive never done this before.

the fact i got 100 the other day and only 90 today first attempt....i did not feel 100% today.

last night i did a big arm and shoulder workout....pretty grip intensive.

but i said today would be the day.

im not sore at all....i doubt i will be tomorrow either...but i dunno.

oh,and this was with no chalk....there were times i know i could have got more reps with chalked hands.

Hey King, you just record right arm reps, or what? Good job either way. :)

yes,all reps were done with my right hand.

in a week or so i may do it agian....see what happens.

no soreness yet.

later tonight i may try to see how many reps i can do for just one set....that will be a test of how 600+ reps affected me.

soil, i know i did not blow the 600 away but i got more then 600.

i guessed over 1000 in 60 min.....thats why they call it a guess....i had nothing to base it on....ive never done this before.

I know it was a guess. So was my number.

So about 67% in the first half hour. So my guess of 70% was not far off...

Very nice, I will try in a couple days though my #'s will be a lot lower.

This is a fun game.

I just saw you're from MN. Where bouts? I graduated from Lakeville.

yup mn,im in vadnais heights...next to white bear lake.

yeah,it is pretty fun....its a challenge to ones self....a war with your body mind and gripper...lol

will yourself to more!

While fooling around like this is no doubt fun it is a recipe for injury- trust me, it ain't worth it.............

lol the lil test of reps i did was no ware near enough volume to hurt me.....im not even the slightest bit sore this morning....no tightness,no pain,no strain....nothin' lol

reminds me of gramas old saying....someones gonna get there eye poked out! muahaahah.

While fooling around like this is no doubt fun it is a recipe for injury- trust me, it ain't worth it.............

How do you figure? This is very similar to doing hunreds of pushups or bodyweight squats. I don't see how that would cause an injury.

i said id do a test of reps today...its done.

first off,i did not do as many reps as i guessed...they get ya'

i did a set of reps every 2 minutes.

after the first 30 min i tried to rest 5 min but found i only gained 2 reps waiting over twice as long...weird,so i only rested 5 min once...then went back to just two min rest.

now i did a set every 2 min up to 50 minutes....then a customer came in(im at work) so i had to stop.....fast forward 20 min....i did 10 more min of gripping to complete my hour....hence the bigger numbers on the last five sets.

i wrote all my reps......and timed the 2 min very accurately.

during this test i got a huge blister about 35 min in....it popped shortly after lol.

first 30 min or so reps were easily controlled  to exactly paralle....about 3/4 inch

after the first 30 the reps actually widened to about 1 inch...harder to hold the gripper to parallel...some reps opened to almost 1.5 inches belive it or not.

heres the reps.....

this is the 30 min mark

23...here is were i rested 5 min

13...back to 2min

here is 50 minutes.

20 min rest....customers...dammit!

so there it is.....627 reps of the coc #1 in 60 minutes. ALL 3/4-1.5 inches.

my forearm felt like a rock...and vains coming out like crazy!

so,less then i thought....but i had nothing to base it on really.

fun,fun,fun...

Good job! That was quite a drop from 90 to 50. You might have been better off to do 40 or 45 (a goal of 960 or 1080) and continue with that, for as long as you could. You hovered around 30 for a long while. Still, I couldn't do what you did. :bow

:bow:bow Very nice. Thats unreal it must have been quit a battle of mind over matter.

Dam that customer couldn't he see you were conducting grave research to benefit the grip world. :trout

How soon can we talk you in to testing your left hand. Any predictions?

ill do my left one of these days...prediction is high 300's id guess...judging by what i did with right.

the drop from 90 to 50 isent to bad considering i did sets every 2 minutes. the first set really pumped my arm up....so 2 min later isent much rest.

i may try a 30min session with full reps.

ps...i guess it was not enough overload because i did not have a hint of soreness.