I closed the IM#3

Guest Uberman

Guest Uberman

I closed the IM #3. It took about 4 months. Strap holds didn't seem to help for me I used #3 force reps,holds, and negatives to get there. I think my #2 is super(never tried any other grippers) strong I could never do any strap holds with it, and after only a few reps would only be able to close the #2 to the same sticking point as the #3. Strange thing is I only closed it with my left hand, I always closed it further with my right until today. Mike

Hum... What's that smell ? Is it fish ? Like in april 1st fish ?

No, seriously, congrats and give us a pic soon.  :p

Guest GripMonster

Great work, Mike!  Let's race to see who gets certified first!

In my attempt to get a picture, I managed to get some great

pictures of my friend's floor and cabinets. I also held a #2 for

about 30 seconds for my friend to take a picture, and I ended

up with nothing  :angry: !  I guess Harlan Jacobs should be in

the race too (unless he's already certified?).  Hey Tou, are

you doing strapholds?  How are they coming?

Andy

Guest CanadaCrush

Congrats, being able to close the #3 with both hands isn't a feat many can do. A double shot of you closing two #3's would be great! I can only wish that my girly left will ever catch up.

Andy,

I do strap holds twice a week. Last two weeks I did it on my 309 with heavy weights. From next saturday, I'll do them on my #2 BBM (it is a IM gripper stamped #2 but with the handles a lot wider than my other IMs, and it is a lot tougher than the other #2 I tried).

I'll start with 5 pounds and build up to the #3. I had good past experiences with strap holds as they got me to 1/8. But then, I ruined my #2 by cutting the handles to 3" and this gripper is making scary noises when it closes.

You can check my log in the workout reports.

Guest Uberman

Thanks guys.

Your on Gripmonster, from the sounds of everyones posts on this getting the pic may be harder than getting the 3 itself. I haven't tried any pics of gripper at all yet. Mike

Congrats!!!

Way to go, Uberman!!  Now, if you could only get that perfect photo shot.... good luck!!  Again, congrats!  The list gets longer!!  :p

you guys'd better slow down or strossen might no longer accept certification for grippage members- its almost like cheating.....