I Must Crush!

slickrick08

i've been crushing for about 2 weeks, i have a set of Heavy Grip grippers ranging from the 100lbs to 300lbs. I can crush the 150, and i'm about a quarter of an inch away from crushing the 200lbs. Are there any special techniques or work out regimens to excel my max crunch?

What can I do to make powerful gains and get pop-eye forearms??

Edited by slickrick08

Use the search loads of posts on this.

What are your goals are they to Cert on Ironmind?Where do you struggle sweep or last few mm?

like i said i've been crushing for about 2 weeks, so i really have no idea what ur talking about....

Ironmind makes a line of grippers similar to the HG's with a certification for doing the #3 and #4. Many people try to certify on the #3 with a credit card set.

The sweep is the closing from where you start and when Cunny writes mm he means milimeters, basically the last tiny bit of closing the gripper that a lot of ppl get stuck.

i've been crushing for about 2 weeks, i have a set of Heavy Grip grippers ranging from the 100lbs to 300lbs.  I can crush the 150, and i'm about a quarter of an inch away from crushing the 200lbs.  Are there any special techniques or work out regimens to excel my max crunch?

Welcome! My advice to you is use the search button on top of the page! There is a ton of information on the Gripboard!

its hard to decribe but if i were you i would look at some of the videos of people closing grippers at the gallery

tie a weight on a rope and tie the rope to a bar. stick your arms straight out and roll it up and down that should help. but if you want to use grippers do reps. but the stick weight thing will help better i think

Take your 150 turn it upside down and try to close it, take your 100 invert it and use your ring and pinky finger only to move it as much as possible, take your 150 "right side up" use one only your index and middle finger move it as much as possible.Take your 150 and close it and keep it closed as long as possible usually 15-20sec, take your 150 and do "clicks" with it this means close it regularly one time and only let it open to parallel or about an inch for 10-20 reps.

First of all, if you are serious, buy John Brookfields book Mastery of Hand Strength from Ironmind.com.

As far as crush goes, I would reccomend doing something called strapholds; Tie a belt around a 5lb weight and put the end of the belt between the handles of your 150. Now close the gripper, pinching the belt with the ends of the handles. Pick up the weight by lifting your arm.

As you will see, you have to squeeze the gripper much harder. These are a great training technique, try it out.

Apart from that, search the board and make a balanced program. Balanced hand strength will make your crush stronger. And your hand healthier.

Have fun with your training.

For forearm size you cannot go wrong with behind the back wrist curls and reverse curls! As far as crush goes..learn to set (pm or use search if you don't know what some of these terms are), do strap holds, negatives, partials..basically many of the weight training principles can apply here.