#3 COC

Rick Walker

If you were to make a guess-how much does seasoning actually lighten gripper tension??

Awhile back, my #3 felt like a beast-I couldnt budge it at all.  Now I am noticing that each time I do forced negatives (forcing it closed on my leg and holding it) it gets a little easier.  

Are these actuall closings of the gripper making it easier, or am I just turning into a grip MONSTER :D  :D  :D  :p

Rick Walker :hehe

If it was new, it's getting weaker and will level off.  You are likely getting stronger as well.

Based on straight IP rating I believe I remember a 440 going to a 395 at the close after seasoning Of course, I have no clue on the dynamic part of the gripper.

I believe it takes about 70-100 full closes to level off.

PDA goes through 100 cycles on a gripper to season it.

To answer your question Rick.... I would say both - the more you use that new gripper it (the strength of the spring) will decrease slightly as the spring is used and you will get stronger the more ya use it!  How close are you on the 387?

I have not recieved it yet-should be here early next week-if the Fedex guy doesnt screw up again!!!

Rick Walker :hehe

i've had my #3 for about a month now, and i've noticed it gettin much easier.  i can't say how many forced closes it took to season it, because many times on my off days i would mash it shut with both hands in front of me, just to try and loosen the thing up a little bit.  the things still one #### of a beast though, even after a little seasoning  :D  ???