when Bud Jeffries was at last week's seminar by Kim

Wood and Richard Sorin, he cleaned a replica with

two hands, then put it overhead with one hand. Put

the replica down, did it again this time over-heading the

bell with the other hand.

Later, with no warm-up whatever, he repeated both

lifts in front of Kim. The clean was not a stuggle, it

was smooth.

Wannagrip,Bud is a powerhouse and athletic for his great size. (can do a full split at 365lb bdwt! ) Before my presentation he cleaned the Inch bell two handed like nothing and with NO warmup just in street clothes PRESSED it with just a bit of sidebend and NO leg jerk. He tried the anvil and deadlifting the Inch bell with no luck. You can see his two tries with the Inch later on during my presentation on the video I sent you. RS

Guest Jeff Roark

Richard,

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he nearly press it out with his left hand too? cold! I think if Bud would train his grip seriously he would come to par really quick, as it is obvious he is a monster!

Bud gave the Inch bell a good shove with his left but it wavered quite a bit and went about 2/3 up.This is on the video tape I sent to Wannagrip. RS

For those of you who are interested.... here's the link to his website.

http://www.strongerman.com

I hope he doesn't end up like Paul Anderson & have a vegetable broth (as opposed to beefy) grip. I think Anderson could have had a huge deadlift (1000+) if he had a grip to match his squat.

I saw Big Paul do his "thing" several times in person.......The "Man" was SUPER strong ALL over!His great size and resulting difficulty of assuming effective body position was what most hindered him (in my opinion). If strength (by definition) is application of force....he may well have been the strongest man of all time!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Big Paul at a highschool while I was attending college. The people asked me to provide the weights and a long enough bar to hold the plates.I loaded 250 pounds of York exercise plates plus the  one inch bar (minimum of 8 to 11 pounds with collars) 258 to 261lb. While speaking in his booming voice, in street clothes, with no warmup cleaned it one hand with a slight assist from his other and pressed it like lightning for 3 reps and never missed a word.....If I didnt KNOW those weights were real I would not have believed my eyes!

Guest baldy

That is so awesome it just doesn't seem real. My wife's uncle told me a similar story with similar weights (250 - 260 or so). In this case Mr Anderson provided the handle, but the locals provided the plates.

Thanks for the info.