Contests To Come

David Horne

The next Champion of Champions will be in 2009, and probably on another continent.

Next year in Britain there will be;

April, Maybe something.

May, Maybe the Glenn Ross comp.

May, The British Champs.

I hope to do some Pro-events in the year, but this is all ideas right now.

The beginning of June is the time our baby is due, and July I get married. So I'm out of things in the summer really.

David

The next Champion of Champions will be in 2009, and probably on another continent.

Next year in Britain there will be;

April, Maybe something.

May, Maybe the Glenn Ross comp.

May, The British Champs.

I hope to do some Pro-events in the year, but this is all ideas right now.

The beginning of June is the time our baby is due, and July I get married. So I'm out of things in the summer really.

David

I'd hope for May - British Championships (I may get involved in this), May/June - the Glenn Ross thing, August - European (this time in Germany) and September - Worlds/GGC. Four will do me fine. Esp if I am able to get my arse over to Stafford every 3-4 weeks. That extra 20%...I'll be a beast!! ;)

• 2 months later...

Mob

Any other details? Will it be a two hands total? Is there an entry fee? Any prizes for beating Thick Diddy?

1st of April at Scorpions Gym, New Romney. We are kicking off at 12 noon, then adjourning to a nearby hostelry post competition (probably about 4pm) for refreshments!

In my chat with Colin we seemed to settle on 3 attempts with either hand for max weight with the winner lifting the most weight combined.

The medly is, subject to change, either 3 increasingly heavy weights (max about 80-kilos) and a thick handled lift or the same three weights but with the last one held for time.

Right now more women have signed up for it than men. Mike, my biz partner, was saying that 'we' would give 20-kilos of our protein to the man that beats me...

Entry fee £10.

All athletes will recieve a t-shirt. Top 3 in each class will recieve a trophy and a small prize. There may be additional prizes for the "Running the Gauntlet" event as well (probably donated by London Kettlebells).

Email siggyllama@btopenworld.com to enter.