Closed The Hg 400 Today!

stranger

today i receiver my hg 400 and 500 in the mail. i closed the 400 3 times and i'm pretty siked about that. they were allot bigger and heavier then i expected. then i tried the 500 just for kicks and yous probaly know the rest. i got no were close

• Like 2

today i receiver my hg 400 and 500 in the mail. i closed the 400 3 times and i'm pretty siked about that. they were allot bigger and heavier then i expected. then i tried the 500 just for kicks and yous probaly know the rest. i got no were close

Congratulations! :rock

CALL ME CHAZ!!! we gotta hang out i must try this gripper!

CALL ME CHAZ!!! we gotta hang out i must try this gripper!

hahaha wayne youll never see ma again!!!!!

• Haha 1

You closed it already? Damn. First try? And did you mean 3 singles or 3 reps. Either way that's good, real good. Try giving it a no-set close now.

Congrats on closing the HG400!! :bow

if i may answer for chaz he meant 3 singles not reps, but i did watch him double it! which was cool. i also got to close it a bunch of times and it is much easier than my hg300 which i thought was kinda weird. i guess its the big handles they kinda stop short, like a filed gripper compared to a regular one. a no set is another story its way to big for me, i have to set it so deep just to get my fingers around it, but thats all chaz he has the larger hand and will probly get it.

oh and the hg500 is ridiculous! good luck chaz :help

if i may answer for chaz he meant 3 singles not reps, but i did watch him double it! which was cool. i also got to close it a bunch of times and it is much easier than my hg300 which i thought was kinda weird. i guess its the big handles they kinda stop short, like a filed gripper compared to a regular one. a no set is another story its way to big for me, i have to set it so deep just to get my fingers around it, but thats all chaz he has the larger hand and will probly get it.

oh and the hg500 is ridiculous! good luck chaz :help

Easier than the 300? Weird. Possible though, that 400 is a pretty average one: a few notches below the #3s. The width of the handles makes the range of the close very small. Sounds like we have some strong people down in Phily. Get out to the GGC next year if you can, you'll have a blast.

How's the HG 400 compared to a BB GM? My next gripper will be between those two. Received a BB SM the other day and shut it lefty and righty on the first try, but it's harder than a #2 for sure.

How's the HG 400 compared to a BB GM?  My next gripper will be between those two.  Received a BB SM the other day and shut it lefty and righty on the first try, but it's harder than a #2 for sure.

hg400 is way easier than a GM. i have also closed my GM which is not far from an average #3. nice job on the SM first try, i would rate an average SM a 2.5 and this hg400 a 2.7-2.8... but i'm sure they vary a lot just like the 300's do.

Soilworker, i, and i'm sure my friends, do hope to someday get out to these competitions i read about on this board they sound awesome.

oh and just to give my boy kev(mindovermatter) some props, he also closed the hg400 :mosher .

You closed it already? Damn. First try? And did you mean 3 singles or 3 reps. Either way that's good, real good. Try giving it a no-set close now.

3 singles (as wayne said). and i tried no-set :( ....... no were close i dont really ever no-set

Well done! :D

i sould get a hg400 it sounds like...if its like a 2.8 you say?

id be very consistant on that,as im only good for my 3 close 7 out of 10...or 6 out of 10?

hg400 may be a nice addition?

i sould get a hg400 it sounds like...if its like a 2.8 you say?

id be very consistant on that,as im only good for my 3 close 7 out of 10...or 6 out of 10?

hg400 may be a nice addition?

i wouldent suggest training with it, the range of motion is shorter, its just a nice gripper to have tho. but playing with it then playing with another gripper is cool because the difference make you feel like you can close a 4!!! :mosher:D

if you want a gripper to train with for the 3 i would suggest a bbsm.

• 18 years later...
On 11/21/2005 at 7:15 AM, stranger said:

3 singles (as wayne said). and i tried no-set :( ....... no were close i dont really ever no-set

Update, I finally no set tbe HG400. Was digging  though trying to find when I bought the 400 and 500. 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, stranger said:

Update, I finally no set tbe HG400. Was digging  though trying to find when I bought the 400 and 500. 

Mogged

• Haha 1

Haha I posted in this thread back in 05. 

congrats on finally getting it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Haha I posted in this thread back in 05. 

congrats on finally getting it

Couldn't have done it without your support! 

• Haha 1

Killer dude nice work

• Like 1

about a billion years ago—-

when heavygrips came out with HG400/HG500– they had the great great grandson of Louis Cyr try and close them and state that he just couldn’t… I thought it was hilarious but a cool marketing thing..  I think they said his great great grandson was an EMT or something, he looked exactly like Louis Cyr though.  fun grip history fact.  Carry on.

• Like 4