New To Bending...

Blackheart

Hello, to all

I am very interested in bending but the only thing that i have bent till now is maybe a paper clip...What would it be the most suitable piece of steel to start mybending with? Which exercises should i focus on? Except all that i would like to express my admiration for Mr Povilaitis, who i belive, is one of the strongest men in the world, and i wish he could be my mentor and follow is advices step by step!!!!!

I wish someday i have the half of his strength! Mr Povilaitis you are trylly a teacher of the Arts of strength. :bow

As for steel, start with 3/16" stock steel, try to find the Cold Rolled Steel if you can. A 6" piece=White Nail. 5"=Green Nail.

this means that i can start with the nails ironmind sells?

Theoretically yes. But I would just go out and get the stock steel.l If you buy the IM bags, you will get a lot of Yellows and Blues that you probably won't be able to bend right away. I would just get a ton of 3/16" stock CRS, and then some 1/4" stock Hot Rolled Steel, and some leather for wrapping.

I reccomend buying the Ironmind bag of nails, if you have cash to burn. It is worth it in my opinion. Also pick up some five and six inch spiral nails (ardox) from your hardware store, these were great starter nails for me, and dirt cheap.

For training I would say bend nails, that is by far the best training you can do for bending. Also, lever is indispensable. For form reference, I would look in the old gallery for the video of Clay Edgin's red cert, an excellent video of excellent form. Also be sure to watch some of Frankyboy's videos, another stellar bender.

Have fun and enjoy your training.

The stock steel? I really don't know I guess, I have never been to Greece. Might want to go with the IM or FBBC bags then.

and in case i can't bend even the white nails? i haven't seen hem from a short distance nor touched them!!!

Strengthen your wrists with exercise and keep trying. You should be able to get the White in no time; it's like the Trainer of the nails.