A question to Elizabeth Talbot

Lasse

Since you have armwrestled Vika Gabakova can you tell anything about her grip strength? I have heard that some female armwrestlers have very strong grip.

Lasse,

I did go up against Vika, and lost twice. To be honest, her arm was so powerful that I didn't have much time to feel her grip! But, that said, she didn't go with the usual 'over the top' move employed by most Russians, and I didn't feel that her hand was anything special. It may well have been - lots of adrenaline! I've never come up against an arm wrestler who could overpower my hand or wrist.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, Hello to you!

In reading your post on the Russian, Vika, your comment on her "arm power" was interesting. Do you think then, that your arm power is the factor in not beating her? If so, do you have plans to increase your arm power and explosiveness to beat her? It is most apparent that your wrist and hand strength is there (read about your abilities on the wrist curl in "Iron Grip").Are you planning any new training to be able to beat her?

Vika being a Russian, I presume she trains on the Olympic Lifts and olympic assist movements for explosiveness and to have that stored torso kinetic energy that the experts say olympic lift training gives a person. I have not been able to find any info about how she trains though.

Best Regards, Elizabeth and my condolences to the Brits on the passing of the "Queen Mum". I have read about her life that has been presented on the web here and ya just have to like a woman who favored salmon fishing and horse racing! :)